Thread: Hugin Panorama tool not working in Digikam since upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04

Hugin Panorama tool not working in Digikam since upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04

I have recently made a clean install of Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. After reinstalling Digikam I find that the panorama creator tool (Hugin) is demanding additional files and refuses to run without them. I have no idea where those files are supposed to go. I need help with understanding the process to get Hugin working again. Any help would be much appreciated . . .

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Hugin Panorama tool not working in Digikam since upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04

Quote Originally Posted by colliers-barci-westnet View Post
    I have recently made a clean install of Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. After reinstalling Digikam I find that the panorama creator tool (Hugin) is demanding additional files and refuses to run without them. I have no idea where those files are supposed to go. I need help with understanding the process to get Hugin working again. Any help would be much appreciated . . .
    Try to run the command below in your terminal:
    Code:
    apt search packagename
    example: 
    apt search panorama
    Regards and cheers.
    corn ubuntuforums community.
    Open Source platform where the real world of human is here. Click here for Solve thread

Thank you for your quick response mlk3_08.
    I tried the apt search command you suggested.
    The response was
    "Sorting. . . Done
    Full Text Search. . . Done"
    then return to the prompt. Apparently nothing found..
    I still need help.

Beans

Is digikam a snap?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

And what are these packages or files that digikam needs for it to run?
    Last edited by ajgreeny; January 24th, 2023 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Typos; thanks to Android keyboard!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by colliers-barci-westnet View Post
    "Sorting. . . Done
    Full Text Search. . . Done"
    then return to the prompt. Apparently nothing found..
    I still need help.
    As what ajgreeny says what are you trying to look for? Regards and cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    And what are these packages or files that digital needs for it to run?
    corn ubuntuforums community.
    Open Source platform where the real world of human is here. Click here for Solve thread

Beans

The problem is that Ubuntu installs digikam as a snap package, which runs in a sandbox that can only access parts of the system configured by the package creator. A nice security measure and a pain in the butt. Digikam needs to be able to kick off external tools like hugin, gimp & darktable, but the snap package won't let it do this. A snap expert might be able to make it work somehow, but for the rest of us, we're just left cursing snap.