Exclamation [lubuntu -> fedora] error: you need to load kernel first

img1

Hi

Help to boot my fedora37-kde usb?
    cause dont recognize (img1)

just a grub screen after Esc (img2)

img2

i have this one

Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.4 (Black-08)
    Identifiers: Early 2008 - MB404LL/A - MacBook4,1 - A1181 - 2242

yesterday i tried use
    lubuntu®️ 22.04.1 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)

but a lot of snap errors and others
    so today i want to try fedora kde

would you help me?
    cause i cant load bootable usb

here's usb identified:
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0951:1642 Kingston Technology DT101 G2

partitions:

/dev/sdb1 (img3-4)

img3

img4

i mount this bootable disk in another windows 7 desktop
    like when i mount lubuntu

this is a screenshot of usb "inside" (img5)

img5

but now i cant load
    there's a grub or kernel unload that dont recognize usb
    it makes sense?
    srry poor english i'm brazilian ok

so i tried some tutorials and codes
    but back some errors (imgs6-8)

take a look and help me, pls?

img6

img7

img8

So,
    where's wally?
    Last edited by leoxavi3r; January 21st, 2023 at 06:22 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: [lubuntu -> fedora] error: you need to load kernel first

Fedora isn't Ubuntu (or flavor like Lubuntu is), so you're asking in the wrong place for Fedora support. I'd suggest reading the Fedora documentation on downloading an ISO, validating it, then writing it to media.

The snap error on Lubuntu makes me wonder if you were using optical media such as a DVDr/rw for installation, as optical media is not intended for installation of any release later than Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (or Lubuntu 20.04 LTS with flavors like Lubuntu) as the timeouts that can occur during media scan are wrongly recognized as other errors. If were you using optical media, thus thread maybe helpful - https://discourse.lubuntu.me/t/bug-f...lp-please/3246 but do note, Yes it's possible to still install from DVD; but the install can take more than an hour, and it may take more than 3 installs before you have a working system. Using USB flash media is just far easier & is expected for any release of Ubuntu 20.10 or later.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by guiverc View Post
    Fedora isn't Ubuntu (or flavor like Lubuntu is), so you're asking in the wrong place for Fedora support. I'd suggest reading the Fedora documentation on downloading an ISO, validating it, then writing it to media.

The snap error on Lubuntu makes me wonder if you were using optical media such as a DVDr/rw for installation, as optical media is not intended for installation of any release later than Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (or Lubuntu 20.04 LTS with flavors like Lubuntu) as the timeouts that can occur during media scan are wrongly recognized as other errors. If were you using optical media, thus thread maybe helpful - https://discourse.lubuntu.me/t/bug-f...lp-please/3246 but do note, Yes it's possible to still install from DVD; but the install can take more than an hour, and it may take more than 3 installs before you have a working system. Using USB flash media is just far easier & is expected for any release of Ubuntu 20.10 or later.
    Sorry.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Your Fedora issue is likely related to the ISO & write of ISO to media, at least that's my guess (why I suggested reading Fedora documentation on writing an ISO to media).

I have a system here with Fedora 37 on it, but I'm also very aware there are many types of ISO files, and how they get written to media varies greatly, and I can't recall how Fedora was written to thumb-drive, and what software/options were required, thus my suggestion to follow the documentation appropriate to it (Ubuntu documentation assumes Ubuntu or flavor of Ubuntu which are all of the same ISO type).

Opening up a Fedora ISO written to thumb-drive will look I'd bet identical if written to ISO correctly, or incorrectly, as the only difference is the correctly written ISO will boot, where as the incorrectly written will not be bootable.