Thread: Control of file icons displayed on desktop

Beans

Control of file icons displayed on desktop

Is there a way to NOT have all the files in the Files folder displayed on the desktop as icons?
    In Settings>Appearance I can eliminate the display of the Home folder icon be deselecting the Show Personal folder, but I want to eliminate all the icons (folders and files). The display of icons suddenly started; I think after an automatic update.
    Last edited by cearlp2; January 3rd, 2023 at 05:33 PM. Reason: version number (24.04) was entered wrong

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

Re: Control of file icons displayed on desktop

Which version are you using, the number version, eg 22.04, and which DE version, eg Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu, etc?

Beans

Sorry, I thought that would be displayed with the tags, but it is Ubuntu 22.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

Quote Originally Posted by cearlp2 View Post
    Is there a way to NOT have all the files in the Files folder displayed on the desktop as icons?
    In Settings>Appearance I can eliminate the display of the Home folder icon be deselecting the Show Personal folder, but I want to eliminate all the icons (folders and files). The display of icons suddenly started; I think after an automatic update.
    Do you have this extension installed Desktop Icons NG (Ding)?
    You can disable it via Show Applications > Extensions.