Thread: Screen flickering between comand prompt and company logo while startup in ubuntu 22.0

Beans

Lightbulb Screen flickering between comand prompt and company logo while startup in ubuntu 22.0

Details : OS : Ubuntu 22.04 Graphics : radeon Graphics Problem : while startup screen is flickring between logo and comand prompt. Screen is flickring while turning and between lenovo logo and this below compand pprompt

While turning on laptop it start happening

and also the letter D is printing automatically.
    PLEASE HELP
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ajgreeny; September 9th, 2022 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Huge image removed

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Screen flickering between comand prompt and company logo while startup in ubuntu

Does it boot okay if you start is up on an Ubuntu Live Install disk if you do "TRY"?

If so, please run the UbuntuForums 'system-info' script so I can see your graphics hardware and settings,so I can come up with and informed solution.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans

Re: Screen flickering between comand prompt and company logo while startup in ubuntu

No while booting also from live disk this happens .earlier everything was okay while i was on windows but after i installed ubuntu yesterday it start happening .
    I have radeon graphics and intel graphics.

Beans

This is video of screen flickering
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Ubuntu/comm...m_source=share

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

That makes me suspect a stuck key. Is this a laptop?
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Yes this is a laptop .what should i do earlier i was using windows but that was working fine .can you help me with this issue.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

What happens if, at the Grub boot menu, you temporarily edit the Linux boot line by adding a 'nomodeset' boot parameter?

I asked if you could run the UbuntuForums 'system-info' script. Since then, you mention that you have both Intel and AMD Radeon graphics. From looking at your video, I see it's a Lenovo. (Which I am still certified as a Dell, HP and Lenovo Warranty Service Tech.) Running that report will tell us your hardware, to include the CPU, GPU, system settings... to include the graphics settings and graphics environment, and the Linux boot command line... This was written to help helpers on the Forum, to help users like you.

Oh... You haven't mentioned if it continues to flicker once you log in at the Graphical Login screen, and the Desktop comes up... Can you get to that at all?
    Last edited by MAFoElffen; September 10th, 2022 at 03:51 PM.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

@all.

User went to Reddit. There he explained that the problem is during the boot process. He posted 2 more photo's there. One looked like it loaded a Out of Memory (something) and lots of modules...

He said there that everything is fine in both Windows and Ubuntu, after he logs in and gets to the desktop. He doesn't have any problems in Ubuntu...

He listened to someone on Reddit, and is sending it to a shop... Where he (IMHO) will waste his money. It's not a hardware problem. It is a software config problem.

If he tries to start it will "nomodeset" it will probably fix it temporarily... from there, tweaking that for AMD Radeon GPU for a permanent fix. That and looking at his active drivers fro his AMD Radeon GPU.