Thread: Not loading log in screen

Beans

Not loading log in screen

Hello! I hope someone here can guide me to an answer on a fix for my issue.

Firstly, I run an Asus core i5 performance gaming desktop computer with Ubuntu. Out of all the Linux programs Ubuntu is the only one compatible with this BIOS. The computer is supposed to run an AR Sandbox. Due to Covid and construction in my facilities, the sandbox has not run for 2 years. I am trying to get it working for an open house next week but cannot get past the initial loading screen.

I went to turn the computer on today, and I was initially asked to reset the clock and language in the BIOS. After that, I get the initial Ubuntu loading screen (a purple screen with Ubuntu in the center and 4 dots below that. The dots turn red in sequence), then nothing happens. The screen goes black. It should be asking me for a username and password.

Is there something in my BIOS I need to check for?

GhX6GZMB is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans

Re: Not loading log in screen

I don't know the Asus, but if the CMOS battery has been run down that far, I suspect there are other settings that have been lost or corrupted. Eg, secure boot, fast boot, Win specific settings etc.
    I'd start doing a reset to factory defaults (Careful! A password may be needed after that).

Beans

Not sure about this. I do not have dual boot ability, this was supposed to be working in a Kiosk mode, easy and fast to start up. I have no way to actually reset to factory default settings. All I can get to is the BIOS screen.

GhX6GZMB is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans

Yes, and all BIOS' I know of have a menu point to reset to factory defaults.