Thread: speakers not working on Lenovo Yoga Duet7 13ITL6 with ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS and 21.10

Beans

speakers not working on Lenovo Yoga Duet7 13ITL6 with ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS and 21.10

Dear all,

I have a Lenovo Yoga Duet7 13ITL6. I installed ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS and then I installed ubuntu 21.10 from scratch with the hope to solve the following issue but without success. With both ubuntu versions, I can hear the sound only if I plug the headphones but I can't hear anything from the integrated speakers. I checked alsamixer and pavucontrol and all the volumes are at the maximum. In pavucontrol and in the system settings -> sound I can see the volume bar monitor moving, as if the sound were properly going out from the speakers. I followed the advices of several forums but without success. I then decided to start from scratch to avoid possible issues due to the many trials I did. So now I have a fresh installation of ubuntu 21.10. Could someone guide me step by step to try to solve the problem?
    Thanks a lot in advance!

Antonio

P.S.: I created another post about a problem with the integrated webcams in the same computer with the same versions of ubuntu.

Beans

Re: speakers not working on Lenovo Yoga Duet7 13ITL6 with ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS and 21.1

To have it working, I found around that the sof-firmware-signed must be installed too; however, with ubuntu 21.10 it is not compatible with the package linux-firmware. This is documented here

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...f/+bug/1930868

I then upgraded to ubuntu 22.04. Still the speakers were not working, although the monitor bar in pavucontrol was indicating that the sound was going out from the speakers. I then modified the /etc/pulse/default.pa file by commenting the line

load-module module-suspend-on-idle

as suggested here

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtop...35242&start=40

and it worked for me. I mark the post as solved.