Thread: Christmas give a way

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Christmas give a way

Hello Everyone, Specially to the Official Member of Ubuntu Community. I Just want to Clarify About this shirt.
    Am I allowed to wear/print produced this kind of Shirt?
    I am going to give this as a Christmas give a ways to my colleagues.

1 my white shirt for u resize Finale .jpg

1 my black new shirt for u resize Finale with text .jpg

1 my black new shirt for u resize Finale white text em.jpg
    Last edited by slickymaster; December 3rd, 2021 at 10:10 AM. Reason: removed large images
    corn ubuntuforums community.
    Open Source platform where the real world of human is here. Click here for Solve thread
    Rock n' Roll People.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Christmas give a way

Quote Originally Posted by mIk3_08 View Post
    Specially to the Official Member of Ubuntu Community.
    The trademark you have included in your design is the "Circle of Friends", owned by Canonical Ltd, the private company that develops and publishes Ubuntu, and which markets associated services. You would have to ask Canonical itself - I would not have thought that any community members are authorised to give formal permission on behalf of Canonical Ltd. There are no active members of the forum who are in a position to speak for Canonical Ltd.

I've found a couple of links for you.

The Ubuntu logo which includes the trademarked Circle of Friends: https://design.ubuntu.com/brand/ubuntu-logo/

Canonical's Intellectual property rights policy: https://ubuntu.com/legal/intellectual-property-policy

You will see from the latter that they state (under section 4) that "You can use the Trademarks, in accordance with Canonical’s brand guidelines, with Canonical’s permission in writing." My reading of section 7, further down the page, suggests that they would be sympathetic to community non-commercial use such as yours, but I am no lawyer, and I am certainly not in a position to give permission. Please do not make the common mistake of confusing forum staff with Canonical employees.

You will see also from the second link that permission for use of IP should be sent to Canonical - link - and that it takes up to a week to be processed. Which means that it is getting close to your intended use time-frame.

Hopefully, others in this forum community may have relevant experience and will be able to help you better than I, but I emphasise again - this forum is part of the Ubuntu Community, not an official mouthpiece for Canonical Ltd.
    Last edited by coffeecat; December 3rd, 2021 at 10:38 AM.
    Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Christmas give a way

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    You will see from the latter that they state (under section 4) that "You can use the Trademarks, in accordance with Canonical’s brand guidelines, with Canonical’s permission in writing." My reading of section 7, further down the page, suggests that they would be sympathetic to community non-commercial use such as yours, but I am no lawyer, and I am certainly not in a position to give permission. Please do not make the common mistake of confusing forum staff with Canonical employees.
    You will see also from the second link that permission for use of IP should be sent to Canonical - link - and that it takes up to a week to be processed. Which means that it is getting close to your intended use time-frame.
    Hopefully, others in this forum community may have relevant experience and will be able to help you better than I, but I emphasise again - this forum is part of the Ubuntu Community, not an official mouthpiece for Canonical Ltd.
    Thanks a lot coffeecat. This is a way near answer to my questions. And no further question so far. Thanks a lot and advanced Merry Christmas. Cheers. Glad to here from you.
    corn ubuntuforums community.
    Open Source platform where the real world of human is here. Click here for Solve thread
    Rock n' Roll People.