Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: need help updating GRUB -ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: need help updating GRUB -ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Good Job unknowable, impressed with how quickly your grasping at so much information.
    Cheers
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags

Beans

Oh, I found a thing that *really* helped me out, and it will probably help you to solve others' issues, too. It's called the Boot Repair CD, and it's just an iso that you can burn to a thumb drive just like any other. The instructions I found were a little dated, but I'm thinking this is probably one of the things that really helped resolve my issue. There is no "Recommended repair" anymore, but it's a pretty straightforward app. You can find it on SourceForge, along with some outdated instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fallen View Post
    Good Job unknowable, impressed with how quickly your grasping at so much information.
    Cheers
    Heh, wow, thanks for the compliment, 1fallen. I'm pretty sure that it only *seems* fast to everyone else because I've been working on this issue basically night and day for a while now, either doing what you told me or Googling for more once I needed more.

Either way, thanks again for all your help, 1fallen! You helped get me where I need to be.

Beans

If you are using Ubuntu or one of its derivatives installed or on a live usb, you can also get boot repair from the link below. Best to use the 2nd option shown on that page to Create BootInfo Summary as it is more up to date than the other.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345