Thread: Rolling Rhino

Beans

Rolling Rhino

Installed Ubuntu to try out Rolling Rhino. Really like it so far

Beans

Re: Rolling Rhino

“Rolling Rhino is intended for Ubuntu developers and experienced Ubuntu users who want to install Ubuntu once and then track all development updates with automatic tracking of subsequent series,”

uhm...good luck

Beans

I know what it's for.

uhm...thank you

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

I've always wanted to give it a try, but haven't

I gain more seeing packages as they hit my usual development (currently jammy) cycle; as when they hit here, I've got a huge indication on when they'll be available on daily ISOs for QA-testing/reporting. (my own box is somewhat heavily modified, the live systems allow a clean system for testing)

Having to bump this box every six months (~30 hours after release is normal for me) is also handy, as I use that chore as a prompt for me to clean up the system of packages added during the old cycle before switching focus to the new one.

I'd still like to try rolling rhino though awhile. I've bumped some QA-test boxes to it, but no OS ever sticks there as everything gets wiped next QA-test install so I have no clue as to living with the rhino.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Yes, I've never tried it before. Forgot about it actually. I usually just move on after a new release starts, and go from there. Not sure how Rolling Rhino works to be honest. I did read the git though. I'm satisfied with how I update Ubuntu.