Thread: please help insane internet connectivity after today's update

Beans

please help insane internet connectivity after today's update

I am on a tablet so things will be brief and probably vague....sorry...after today's update I no longer have any inter connectivity, wired or wireless. Once it updated and rebooted back into OS is when it happened. I've tried all kinds of stuff f'ron forums and NOTHING WORKS. I need more ideas of what to do to fix this as I can't work until this is fixed. This will most definitely be my longest post. post on tablet sucks lol
    Stuff...

Ubuntu 21.10
    Pinging DNS servers work.
    Pinging internet sites do not work

Okay, I am back on a real PC..haha...honestly, I am not 100% sure if it's only the one command I issued or somehow something more. A simple `sudo nmcli networking off` and `sudo nmcli networking on`. Never saw this command while searching but I definitely know them now! I still want to see if it's all goes back to hell when I reboot.
    Last edited by 9flyz; November 26th, 2021 at 09:05 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: please help insane internet connectivity after today's update

Quote Originally Posted by 9flyz View Post
    Pinging DNS servers work.
    Pinging internet sites do not work
    What, exactly do you mean by those two statements? If you show the EXACT commands for each, we'd know. By IP or by name is the main question that needs clarifying.
    Also - wired ethernet or wifi?
    and ... laptop or desktop - on battery or not?

Why these questions?
    IP means networking is fine, if it works.
    By name means DNS is fine, if it works.
    Wifi or ethernet require different expertise. Exactly which depends on the answer.
    Laptop or desktop would lead to whether power saving was enabled or not.

I once had a laptop that refused to boot. Seems the power cable had come loose (it is always plugged in) and the battery had been drained completely. Took me a crazy amount of time to consider that because when at home, that laptop is always powered, never on battery. It didn't cross my mind.