Thread: Cedega Game Directories

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Cedega Game Directories

Pardon me for a Noob-ish question (I know you will - everyone's so helpful here)

I'm trying to install a game in Cedega (e.g. Warcraft 3), and I want to know if there's a preferred directory to install the games to. I know it's mostly a matter of preference, but I want it to be easy for other users on my system to access the games later on. My first guess would be

/usr/local/share/games

my second guess would be to create a directory called

/usr/local/share/cedega

or something like that. I guess I'm just the cautious type - it's easier to get it right the first time than to fix something you've buggered up.

Thx!

Beans

Re: Cedega Game Directories

I am not sure if you can share games in this way as you suppose as cedega installs games in your home directory. They can be found in /home/yourusername/.cedega (if cedega is 5 of later) or in the /home/yourusername/.transgaming as well as in /home/yourusername/TransGaming_Drive (if cedega is 4 or earlier)

good luck

Beans

Re: Cedega Game Directories

I suggest you make a /home partition, or even a /home drive if you have a spare drive laying around

Here is a great link, all about it.

The benefits when it comes to Ubuntu upgrades, or recovering from a user or hardware failure are immeasurable... It's not the whole story as far as backup is concerned, but it does go a long way.

Yeh! I know you got more than you asked for, but it sure beats less!

[Edit:] By the way if you ever intend to let your Cedega sub' expire, make sure you have the most recent Cedega_engine & Cedega_small files, so you can keep using what you are legally entitled to if you ever do have to do a reinstallation! They are both allways available to subscribers in the transgaming downloads section.

By the way Cedega installs all games in a hidden folder in your /home. There are options to change this if you have a good reason.
    Last edited by handy; August 30th, 2006 at 10:02 AM.