Thread: Is there some place where there are planned changes for kubuntu 21.10 -> 22.04

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Is there some place where there are planned changes for kubuntu 21.10 -> 22.04

I was able to find this
    https://tecadmin.net/ubuntu-22-04-re...dule-features/

just wondering if there are any dramatic changes coming for example using wayland as default that would mean i should wait for before installing it

i am thinking about updating my system backup and switching over to the 22.04 dev build over the holiday, if there is one solid way to find a issue it is using it as a daily driver
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Is there some place where there are planned changes for kubuntu 21.10 -> 22.04

Why not dual boot with the development version? That is what I do. In this way I keep up to date with what is happening without risking my working install. I also think that 21.10 defaulted to Wayland with a login option to have Ubuntu on X-Server. I am certain that Wayland will be the default for 22.04. How much of Ubuntu get carried over to Kubuntu I cannot say. KDE Plasma desktop is going to default to Wayland. So, I guess the Kubuntu developers will follow also.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Chang...faultForPlasma

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530