https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1951817

Best,

Rocco

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Livepatch error this morning

I just booted my Linux Ubuntu machine right now and my Livepatch turns to be okay now. I don't know what happen but its alright now. I haven't received any updates but My Livepatch Icon is working okay now. Back to the full operation now with no errors. Cheers.
    Last edited by mIk3_08; November 23rd, 2021 at 03:59 AM.
    corn ubuntuforums community.
    Open Source platform where the real world of human is here. Click here for Solve thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Mine ok as well. Still have problem logging into banking, but that appears to be a Brave browser script issue.

Beans

+1. Been OK for several starts now.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by pantazi View Post
    Mine ok as well. Still have problem logging into banking, but that appears to be a Brave browser script issue.
    Have you tried other web browser like Firefox or any other? Maybe other web browser will work. Firefox web browser for me works smoothly and I haven't encounter any errors on it since I used it. It only crashes sometimes but it will be okay then when it restarts.
    corn ubuntuforums community.
    Open Source platform where the real world of human is here. Click here for Solve thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Firefox works ok, thanks, I had already tried it. See#13. After a bit of research I enabled scripts for the two sites and now all ok. Don't know why it happened as no settings had been altered, maybe an update caused it. Anyhow thanks for taking the time to help.
    Last edited by pantazi; November 25th, 2021 at 10:13 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

I'm having (maybe?) a similar issue. Today there was a lot of updates, including kernel update and CVE's being corrected. Livepatch hasn't installed them in advance, unlike the last time such a thing happened (2 weeks ago maybe, after I got Livepatch working on Ubuntu Mate, which isn't that obvious and demands a lot of research and even then modifying what you find to make it work. Isn't it supposed to catch all the kernel and CVE correcting updates in advance without needing to reboot? I didn't reboot and there's nothing new according to Livepatch. I'm starting to think those who say it is not a very useful feature are right. But maybe I'm not understanding things correctly. There was a lot of updates to very old kernels 4.x.x in the updates today, I wonder why that is and why I had to install them, but I did, it went on fine, because they were all interlinked with relevant updates.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Quote Originally Posted by mIk3_08 View Post
    Have you tried other web browser like Firefox or any other? Maybe other web browser will work. Firefox web browser for me works smoothly and I haven't encounter any errors on it since I used it. It only crashes sometimes but it will be okay then when it restarts.
    I agree, the old sly Fox is the best, those complaining about memory usage were right around the time Quantum came out (v.60 I think?), my complaint was a lot of important add-ons were not working anymore, but I got an AMD with 8 cores and 32gb of Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM, same setup since years in fact, not about to change motherboard to have DDR4 or is it DDR5 already now? Anyways, Brave looked very promising when it first came out, but it was even more of a memory hog than FF and then I learned some rather unsettling things about it....that I can't recall now, the users are all pointing at the intro page that shows how many trackers its blocking and it is making crypto with participating websites (when almost no websites participate in their BAT crypto, I don't see the point of that), but with the correct add-ons on FF, you can make as private as possible...less so than before version 85 when ESNI was there and cloudflare worked with it, ESNI was hated at government spy agency levels, so I kept Firefox 79 that came with Ubuntu Mate 20.04 when you installed it until Cloudflare themselves stopped supporting it, it's impossible to pass their test now, they say that ECH is coming, yet it's not, haven't seen a sign it is being implemented anywhere yet.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Perhaps I'm just stupid, but doesn't rebooting defeat the entire purpose of live-patching?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Well, yes, but you gotta reboot sometime or another. I didn't say I rebooted. I said that a lot of updates (kernels, CVE's), unlike 2 weeks ago, were not preemptively patched with Livepatch this time when I had updates to make with the ones from today. Livepatch saw nothing, despite seemingly very important updates that fall into its territory. So after the updates were installed, software updater asked me if I wanted to reboot, when it wouldn't if Livepatch had done what it did last time, catch them as they came in and give me a log about it when I clicked the shield icon and clicked on Livepatch Settings.
    Last edited by slaytanicprion; January 13th, 2022 at 12:06 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123