Thread: Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C525A Driver (CUPS)

Beans

Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C525A Driver (CUPS)

Hope someone can help. Trying to get a Dell 1320C printer running on CUPS and see that I need to install the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C525A Linux drivers, however Fuji have now put this end of life and removed all trace of their drivers online! Spoke with tech support and they said that I should either use the original disc to get the driver or consider buying a new Printer (talk about saving the planet!). Does anyone have a set of drivers or point me in the right direction (have search the forum and all the links to the drivers point to Fuji site, which is a dead-end)?

brian_p is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C525A Driver (CUPS)

Code:
     wget http://fastcat.org/debrepo/pool/main/f/fuji-xerox-docuprint-c525-a-ap/fuji-xerox-docuprint-c525-a-ap_1.0-2_i386.deb
    The package dates from 2005. The driver is probably 32-bit. Good luck .
    Brian.

Beans

Thanks Brian...

Found a driver I could manually install but when I follow the instructions, still have issues..but looks like file path issues and cant get my head round why!

This the path setting in the PDD file, but when I do a test print, I get a weird path error!

*cupsFilter: "application/vnd.cups-postscript 0 /usr/lib/cups/filter/FXM_PF"
    *cupsModelNumber: 0
    *FXMainFilter: "/usr/lib/cups/filter/FXM_MF"
    *FXFilterDir: "/usr/lib/cups/filter"
    *FXFilterChain: "FXM_PS2PM, FXM_PM2FXR, FXM_SBP, FXM_PR, FXM_CC, FXM_ALC, FXM_HBPL"
    *FXDlutFilePath: "/usr/share/cups/FujiXerox/dlut/FX_DocuPrint_C525_A_AP.dlut"
    Attached Images Attached Images

brian_p is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

/usr/lib/cups/filter/FXM_PF exists in the package. I am unable to offer any further help. Sorry.
    Brian.