Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Now that MS Edge (stable) is available on Linux, will you use it?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Now that MS Edge (stable) is available on Linux, will you use it?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-ne...f-disease.html

'One of the most important aspects of the smart toilet may well be one of the most surprising — and perhaps unnerving: It has a built-in identification system. “The whole point is to provide precise, individualized health feedback, so we needed to make sure the toilet could discern between users,” Gambhir said. “To do so, we made a flush lever that reads fingerprints.” '
    I, for one, would never use a "Smart Toilet" that ran "Edge." I mean... where would you sit?
    Holy Cripes on Toast!
    Attention is the currency of internet forums. - ticopelp

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Shibblet View Post
    I, for one, would never use a "Smart Toilet" that ran "Edge." I mean... where would you sit?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHook View Post
    Let's install a Peeping Tom toilet and then connect it to the Internet. What could possibly go wrong? In the same vein, let's install a browser from a highly suspect data skimmer and connect that to the Internet.

you know what insurance providers would pay for this data, they would know how risky you are and would charge you more or deny you service
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by pqwoerituytrueiwoq View Post
    you know what insurance providers would pay for this data, they would know how risky you are and would charge you more or deny you service
    Some countries forbid this type of discrimination. And a number of European countries and the UK have a system where you don't even need insurance. I feel for you, having to worry about this sort of stuff.
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.

Beans

I mained it for a while on Windows. I ended up moving back to Chrome (because of benchmarks showing off it's fast page load speed), and why would I use something very similar code wise but still ends up being slower?

The main advantage Edge has is it's design and the fact Microsoft can bundle it with everything. The issue is it's ruined reputation - maybe Microsoft needs to buy some good reviews , I don't know.
    Chrome is just better when comparing with Edge though.

On Linux, it just doesn't make sense for me. Might as well use Chrome if you're ok with using Edge.

I main Firefox now.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by insdel2113 View Post
    I mained it for a while on Windows. I ended up moving back to Chrome (because of benchmarks showing off it's fast page load speed), and why would I use something very similar code wise but still ends up being slower?

The main advantage Edge has is it's design and the fact Microsoft can bundle it with everything. The issue is it's ruined reputation - maybe Microsoft needs to buy some good reviews , I don't know.
    Chrome is just better when comparing with Edge though.
    I agree... Edge is not a "bad" browser. I think you're correct when you say that it's got a bad reputation, that was brought on by Internet Explorer.
    It's just not the best browser available... Even for Windows.
    Firefox, Chrome, Brave, and Vivaldi are just better browsers to use.

Quote Originally Posted by insdel2113 View Post
    On Linux, it just doesn't make sense for me. Might as well use Chrome if you're ok with using Edge.
    I main Firefox now.
    Yup. That's the main idea.

In my personal opinion, the whole purpose of using Linux, is so that you don't HAVE to use Windows. And Microsoft does not make that easy.
    So, if you feel compelled to use a Microsoft Product on Linux, I believe you're really doing it wrong.
    Holy Cripes on Toast!
    Attention is the currency of internet forums. - ticopelp

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678