Thread: Etherenet not working; "Connection failed; activation of network connection failed."

Beans

Etherenet not working; "Connection failed; activation of network connection failed."

Works fine in windows. Fortunately wifi works after adding a dongle and updating.

I'm not sure if perhaps it has something to do with the speed of the cable going from the router downstairs to the router upstairs. It might not be 1000 Mb/s.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Etherenet not working; "Connection failed; activation of network connection faile

I have the same problem with ubuntu but the message is false and continuously repeats the message. So what gives

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Etherenet not working; "Connection failed; activation of network connection faile

Quote Originally Posted by illuminaughtyy2 View Post
    Works fine in windows. Fortunately wifi works after adding a dongle and updating.

I'm not sure if perhaps it has something to do with the speed of the cable going from the router downstairs to the router upstairs. It might not be 1000 Mb/s.
    What doesn't work?
    You'll need to share some facts to get help.
    Hardware and configuration stuff to get started. You'll definitely need to know the type of cable used. We cannot just connect a phone line to our computers and expect 10Gbps. There are standards for cables which must be followed. Usually the cable will have "CAT5e" on it, running the length. CAT5 != CAT5e.

There are hundreds of threads in these forums where the commands are commonly posted to gather that data. Run those and post the results here, if you'd like help.
    Please.

To Corvair, "me too" posts aren't too helpful. This thread is about illuminaughtyy2's issue. Open a new thread since it is highly unlikely you have exactly the same situation.