Thread: Thunar bookmarks (randomly???) disappearing and have to be RE-setup. Bug?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thunar bookmarks (randomly???) disappearing and have to be RE-setup. Bug?

This has happened a few times now. I will say my older teen children have been using my computer more lately. I wouldn't say they couldn't be doing this. But is there such a bug?
    Xubuntu 18.04
    Win 7 Pro
    ASUS i7 4770S 16GB

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Thunar bookmarks (randomly???) disappearing and have to be RE-setup. Bug?

I assume they have not simply chosen to use the tree view in the left hand pane with Ctrl+E?
    If so return to bookmarks view with Ctrl+B

For extra safety keep a backup of the /home/<user>/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks file and restore if if necessary.
    Last edited by ajgreeny; October 26th, 2021 at 07:53 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    I assume they have not simply chosen to use the tree view in the left hand pane with Ctrl+E?
    If so return to bookmarks view with Ctrl+B

For extra safety keep a backup of the /home/<user>/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks file and restore if if necessary.
    Thanks for the reply. Still do have tree view but they are gone.

Good idea on the backup. Makes it a lot faster to repair all of my bookmarks. I wouldn't have thought of this!
    Xubuntu 18.04
    Win 7 Pro
    ASUS i7 4770S 16GB

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Perhaps also create dedicated user accounts for yourself separated from your teenager users.
    And change password.