Thread: Error instaling

Beans

Unhappy Error instaling

Hi guys

I'm trying linux for first time but unfortunately I can't even install it, I have a PC with Nvidia graphics and have two problems, first black screen (already tryed to use nomodeset) and if screen is correct when checking disks it stops in 13% and says
    "Cheking ./pool/restricted/n/nvidia-graphics-drivers-460/libnvidia-gl-460_460.91.03-Oubuntu0.20.04.1_amd64.deb"
    I'm trying to install Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

Beans

Re: Error instaling

where exactly did you get the ISO from?
    xubuntu 20.04.3 LTS (focal fossa)

Beans

The Ubuntu official page https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Check your md5sum of your download ISO file to make sure it is okay and not corrupted. You can do that from whatever OS your downloaded that from. If not corect, download, create your install media and try again.

Concurrent coexistance of Windows, Linux and UNIX...
    Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: [all variants] Graphics Resolution- Upgrade /Blank Screen after reboot
    UbuntuForums system-info Script

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I am looking at this from a different direction. I may be wildly off track but here goes.

Do you have secure boot turned on?

Try installing Ubuntu and not to tick the box to install third party software. Ticking that box will install, or in your case, try to install a proprietary video driver (Nvidia). Not ticking that box might get Ubuntu installed with an open source video driver (Nouveau)

If you get a working Ubuntu you can activate the Nvidia driver by opening Software & Updates>Additional Drivers tab. You need to be connected to the internet for this to work.

There is one more thing. By not ticking the box to install third party software you will be missing certain audio and video codecs that you might need. They are in the Ubuntu Restricted Extras package.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530