Thread: Please check my account

Beans

Please check my account

Sorry to bother moderators again, but I'm unable to find a solution by myself:

I have a SSO account with username "carini" and mail "ales******.car***@techn*******.com"
    SSO account works on (launchpad, ubuntu.com)

Forum account uses same name and e-mail but I'm unable to login screenshot on pCloud http://e.pc.cd/xNuotalK

If you need proof of ownership simply send a private forum message to user https://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1075864 and I'll reply

Note: this is a backup account and can be safely deleted

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Please check my account

We've had extensive correspondence in the Forum Council mailing list, but you have not (yet) given me feedback with regard to what happens when you try to log in from an Ubuntu One account with the email address you quote above set as preferred in the Ubuntu One account. Without that feedback it is very difficult to help you. Once again, there is nothing that I can see in the carini account that would prevent you from logging into it so long as you do so from an Ubuntu One account with the above email set as preferred.

Questions:

1. What is that screenshot? You give context but without sufficient detail. Is that after you try to log in from an Ubuntu One account as described above? Specifically:
    2. Do you have an Ubuntu One SSO account with the @techn*******.com email set as preferred? It must be set as preferred in the Ubuntu One account - simply being one of several emails is not sufficient.
    3. What happens if you choose that SSO account to log into the forum? Is the screenshot the result?

I have a plan B to get you into the carini account if all else fails, but I cannot action that unless you answer the above fully.
    Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Yes, this ubuntu one have the mail @techn*******.com set as preferred. It should be also the ubuntuforums preferred mail because if send a private message I get the notification on this address.

I have a "screenshot history" of the entire process sent as private message hope that this can help

The thing that puzzles me is that i have this hidden piece of html in page after login failure

<div class="blockbody formcontrols">
    <div class="blockrow restore">
    You have entered an invalid username or password. Please enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click <a href="https://ubuntuforums.org/login.php?do=lostpw">here</a>!
    </div>
    Since I'm back to ubuntuforums because my company is switching back to ubuntu after some years in CentOS feel free to delete my ubuntuforums user, I'll like to keep my name but nothing else

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Just for the record, for information of other admins, carini* and I have had a pm exchange. Something very funky is going on with the original carini account. I've suggested a plan of action with the OP which (hopefully) will create a carini3 account, which will (hopefully!) help me to get the OP back into the original carini account.
    Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

FTR - situation resolved. The OP is now back in their original account.