Thread: Ubuntu came with no wifi connection

Beans

Ubuntu came with no wifi connection

I installed ubuntu but I can't connect to wifi because there is no option for that, why? The same thing happend to Mint and PopOs. I wanted to try Linux but I'm about to go to Windows. It's very disappointing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu came with no wifi connection

Linux will, indeed, always have wireless driver issues, but for several reasons that may not be apparent to all of us. First, new devices are developed and released every day. The manufacturers are in a constant arms race to have a better device with more features and, often, cheaper. In almost every case, they have almost no concern for the 3% or so of Linux users and therefor don't provide a working driver.

Second, most new Linux users come to the party with what they have now that they bought with working Windows drivers. That device may work well or not at all in Linux. In many cases, perhaps most cases, there is a working wireless driver installed for common devices. In a few cases, like yours, there is probably not.

We can identify and fix your wireless with a bit of information. Please open a terminal Ctrl+Alt+t and run:

Code:
    lspci -nnk | grep 0280 -A3
    rfkill list all
    Post the result and we'll proceed.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D., Sc.D.