Thread: How to degrade from 21.04 to 20.04?

Beans

How to degrade from 21.04 to 20.04?

How can I degrade my Ubuntu 21.04 to 20.04 and what are the steps I should take so that I don't lose data. Kindly note I have dual boot system (windows and Ubuntu).
    I have partition for Ubuntu, which has installation and all my working folders. (As windows has c:/ drive where we install OS and other drives are for our files and folders).
    Here I don't see anything like that and I'm worried about my data.

Kindly note that I am degrading to 20.04, just because my printer isn't printing in 21.04.

Kindly guide me.

Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: How to degrade from 21.04 to 20.04?

In your other thread (which is still open) I directed your attention to the taglines or forum description that each sub-forum has, which describe the function of that particular sub-forum. It appears that you did not read the Resolution Centre taglines before starting this latest thread. Here's a link to the Resolution Centre - https://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123 - where you would gave clicked on the "Post New Thread" button to start this thread. The taglines can't be missed - they are directly underneath the Post New Thread button. Please read them now.

Normally, I would have moved this thread to an appropriate technical support forum, but in this case I will not because you asked a very similar question in your other thread and we do not allow cross-posting (the posting of the same or similar question in different parts of the forum). And, in order to save yours and forum members' time, I will answer your question here and now. You can't "degrade" Ubuntu to an earlier release. You have to make a fresh installation. (Or restore from a backup image if you have made one.)

I suggest you bump your other thread in the hope that you can attract the attention of more forum members who might be able to suggest what has gone wrong with printing in your current 21.04 installation.
    Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Thanks for the reply. accept my appology for not following the community guideline.
    Two things I want to know:
    1) how do I improve my other thread/post and
    2) what should I do with this thread/post?

Thanks

Beans

HI,
    I have upgrade my Ubuntu to 21.10, in hope of fixing my printer problem, but I was wrong. My printing problem status unresolved and I don't want to switch to Windows because of printing issue. Please Help to fix the issue. I can give remote access to resolve the issue. Thanks. If this is not right place to post this, do let me know. Thanks again for your patience.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

The Resolution Centre is not the place to ask support questions.

Since this is not the same issue as your other thread, please start a new one in an appropriate support sub-forum.

Please read the tag lines of the sub-forums you post in. For example, the tag line for the Resolution Centre is

This is the place to contact a forum admin concerning problems with your forum account, to appeal moderator action, to request a thread be moved from the jail, or to file a complaint about forum harrassment or abuse.
    Note that this is not the nature of your post here.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Hi, Could this thread be moved from hardware to its appropriate thread? I mean my issue is that printing status is stuck in processing and sometime I get pop-up saying that printing done, but nothing is done. So I want my thread which was moved to hardware, due to the question (Will my issue will be resolved if I degrade to 20.04?) asked in same thread. So I request to move my thread to its relevant thread. Thanks