Thread: Error message when upgrading to 21.10

Beans

Error message when upgrading to 21.10

I got an error when upgrading to 21.10, a pop up appeared and then when I continued then the other pop up appeared, I've attached them below.

What does this mean?

Is this important? Should I do anything? Should I report it to whoever is working on the 21.10 upgrade?

Could not install '/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-ZnuDOm/605-linux-headers-5.13.0-19_5.13.0-19.19_all.deb'

The upgrade will continue but the '/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-ZnuDOm/605-linux-headers-5.13.0-19_5.13.0-19.19_all.deb' package may not be in a working state. Please consider submitting a bug report about it.
    unable to create new file '/var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-headers-5.13.0-19.list-new': Operation not permitted

Could not install the upgrades

The upgrade has aborted. Your system could be in an unusable state. A recovery will run now (dpkg --configure -a).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Error message when upgrading to 21.10

Did you do as suggested?

Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    If it also says that you have broken packages and unmet dependencies, you might also do
    Code:
    sudo apt install -f

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags