Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Next Ubuntu release named 'jammy'

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Next Ubuntu release named 'jammy'

Hmmm!

Confusing isn't it, though as I said, I have now managed to navigate my way through the cdimage.ubuntu.com site again and found the jammy iso for Xubuntu which is what I couldn't find originally.

Thanks for the guide.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I have just installed the current Xubuntu iso that I downloaded earlier today, 23rd Oct 2021 from https://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/d...ktop-amd64.iso and have had no problems of any sort.

Success reported at the ISO Tracker site, https://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/...nes/429/builds

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    I have just installed ...

Success reported at the ISO Tracker site, https://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/...nes/429/builds
    Thank you for helping QA-test the next jammy release & recording your QA-test.

I suggest in future you add an optional line in the comments section with some details about the hardware. eg. I use the format

`make model (cpu, ram, gpu)`

If I was to test on the box I'm using now, it'd be

Code:
    dell [optiplex] 960 (c2q-q9400, 8gb, amd/ati cedar radeon hd 5000/6000/7350/8350)
    (details just from `lshw` which I keep in a text file I just copy/paste from when I QA-test)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

A good point which I thought about after reporting. I don't know if it's possible to edit my report but I'll investigate that and do so if I am able.

FYI, in my case it was done using KVM/QEMU as I had no system available for a bare metal installation. It is how I usually test new distros.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Yes you can edit reports (when you can find them!) and I do see KVM/QEMU mentioned semi-frequently in QA-test reports

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have installed a number of Virtualbox VM to prepare for the future:

• Ubuntu 22.04 on OpenZFS running a nested version of Virtualbox to test my future Host OS.
    • Xubuntu 22.04 with all the communication stuff, like Email, torrents, WhatsApp etc. .
    • Ubuntu Studio 22.04 to check whether I like the transfer to KDE or stick to 20.04 and XFCE.
    • Ubuntu Mate 22.04 with QEMU/KVM nested on top of Virtualbox of the Host. Checking whether it is feasible to move from Virtualbox to QEMU/KVM.
    • Ubuntu Budgie 22.04
    • Windows 11 Pro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123