Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [windowsfx] boot failure after system update

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: [windowsfx] boot failure after system update

My Asus motherboard has a totally separate setting for USB ports, I have to enable full support to have them work whether Secure Boot on or off.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

At any rate, I'm at a loss; what should I do now?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I am downloading a copy right now. I'll use a VM to test, so not bare metal, but perhaps I can fiddle around and see if I can find some answers for you. I won't get done right away, since I only have time to goof off on the forums during the day when I am taking a break from making a paycheck or waiting for a test to run or such things.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by kaolincash View Post
    The first recovery mode is blank, the second opens EFI Shell version 2.31 [4.655]
    Is your EFI shell similar to attached image?

Can you see entries such as FS0: or FS1: ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tea for one; October 7th, 2021 at 07:12 AM.

Beans

If you'll all bear with me for a little while, some stuff has come up IRL and while this is still unresolved, I have not abandoned the thread--I will return and continue this by replying to the relevant responses, I just wanted to leave this message here for any mods who may think I've vanished leaving the thread unsolved.

Rest assured, I will keep this fully updated throughout the resolution procedure--whatever that ends up looking like--in case someone else needs to go through the same steps. I will make the thread solved myself, after furnishing the original post with a full rundown of the events and the steps that worked for me, once we figure out what those are.

For the time being, though, I have to put this on the backburner due to some unavoidable things occurring offline.

Thanks for your patience, and I hope to get this sorted soon. Please feel free to drop suggestions here for me to try when I have time, and yes, I will have a look at the EFI shell thing, tfo, and as for you QIII, if you find anything out then I will still get the email and read the thread, so lemme know if you find anything <3
    Last edited by kaolincash; October 10th, 2021 at 04:27 PM. Reason: typo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123