Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: 3D Acceleration in ATI Mobility Radeon M6 LY (and possibly others)

Beans

Re: HOWTO: 3D Acceleration in ATI Mobility Radeon M6 LY (and possibly others)

Quote Originally Posted by javaJake View Post
    LOL... that's got to be the biggest list of logs I've seen yet, but you forgot one that I need: "cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep WW".
    More information = more possibilities.
    I've learned this in many others forums that I've posted or ¿¿helped?? (my english teacher wasn't so good )

Here it is:
    Code:
     (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
    (WW) The directory "/usr/share/X11/fonts/cyrillic" does not exist.
    (WW) RADEON(0): Failed to detect secondary monitor, MergedFB/Clone mode disabled

Secondary monitor? I've never configured this!!

Some help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

OK, the secondary monitor thing doesn't have anything to do with this. (Although if you want one, I'm writing an optional section for this HOWTO that'll do it!)

I'll be sure to look into your logs, and see what I can do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Alright, I want you to remove the Extensions section, since it isn't part of this HOWTO.

What I'll do (as I did for someone else) is integrate your xorg.conf into mine, keeping the monitor configurations, etc. Then I'll see what's up from there... whatever's wrong should come up then.

Beans

Talking Re: HOWTO: 3D Acceleration in ATI Mobility Radeon M6 LY (and possibly others)

Hey

NO RENDERING (and it's back to it's crashing ways...)

here is my xorg

here is my xorg.0.log

I hoe you still have enough fuzzy feelings to help me out here...

Efff..

:S

EDIT: looking tohrough the stuff... I found I have his same problem... look at this...

Code:
    valles@voices:~$ cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep WW
    (WW) RADEON(0): Failed to detect secondary monitor, MergedFB/Clone mode disabledvalles@voices:~$
    Thanks
    Last edited by Efrain Valles; October 22nd, 2006 at 05:39 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Efrain Valles View Post
    Hey

NO RENDERING (and it's back to it's crashing ways...)

here is my xorg

here is my xorg.0.log
    OK, first thing I noticed right off is you didn't change ati to radeon. I'm pretty sure that's in the HOWTO, but I'd better check again...

I hoe you still have enough fuzzy feelings to help me out here...
    You betcha.

Efff..

:S

HEDIT: looking tohrough the stuff... I found I have his same problem... look at this...

Code:
    valles@voices:~$ cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep WW
    (WW) RADEON(0): Failed to detect secondary monitor, MergedFB/Clone mode disabledvalles@voices:~$
    Thanks
    Actually, that doesn't matter. It's just letting you know that you don't have a second monitor, and so it won't be cloning your first screen. How to configure a second monitor is coming soon to this HOWTO... stay "tuned".

Beans

Question Re: HOWTO: 3D Acceleration in ATI Mobility Radeon M6 LY (and possibly others)

I changed to radeon an Still no luck... I changed it after I posted my xorg... no rendereringyet... the computer hasn't crashed yet... thoughh...

any other thoughts???

EDIT:

I have updeated My xorg.conf

Edit II:

that makes my card 8 mbytes no?
    (II) RADEON(0): Page flipping enabled
    (II) RADEON(0): Will try to use DMA for Xv image transfers
    (II) RADEON(0): Detected total video RAM=8192K, accessible=65536K (PCI BAR=131072K)
    (--) RADEON(0): Mapped VideoRAM: 8192 kByte (32 bit DDR SDRAM)
    Last edited by Efrain Valles; October 22nd, 2006 at 02:54 PM.

Beans

I have sold this problem thx too javajake!!
    thx a lot the linux community and free out the software

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by alxbob View Post
    I have sold this problem thx too javajake!!
    thx a lot the linux community and free out the software
    So, the HOWTO solved the problem? Or you found a solution? If you found one, let us know so we can benefit.

Also, if you could let me know A) what card you have and/or B) if you had issues with other HOWTOs before coming to this one. Thanks a lot!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I changed to radeon an Still no luck... I changed it after I posted my xorg... no rendereringyet... the computer hasn't crashed yet... thoughh...

any other thoughts???
    I'm going to import your xorg.conf into my config, and see what's up. I've done it before, and it helped, so it should work again...

Edit II:

that makes my card 8 mbytes no?
    (II) RADEON(0): Page flipping enabled
    (II) RADEON(0): Will try to use DMA for Xv image transfers
    (II) RADEON(0): Detected total video RAM=8192K, accessible=65536K (PCI BAR=131072K)
    (--) RADEON(0): Mapped VideoRAM: 8192 kByte (32 bit DDR SDRAM)
    Yea... so is my card, so that means that we both have the same exact card. That's a good thing. (BTW, AGPSize has nothing to do with the card size, I don't think. Googling produces a fuzzy answer.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by KAOZ23 View Post
    Somebody could help me?????I want to install beryl-manager, but my screen only blinks and goes back to metacity.
    I'm going to troubleshoot your card the best I can, but results are not likely. First of all, your card isn't supported by this HOWTO. (Whether or not I should support it can be proven - see the "Cards that Work with this HOWTO" section at the top of the HOWTO.) Second, your card is different then what I've got, so my troubleshooting can only go so far. So far your logs show nothing out of the ordinary, and your xorg.conf configuration appears to be fine.

I'll let you know what the results from my troubleshooting are sometime today or tomorrow.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast