Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragging files to folder does not open that targeted folder (Ubuntu 20.04)

Beans

Re: Dragging files to folder does not open that targeted folder (Ubuntu 20.04)

yup makes sense now ... i never knew that . I just open the folder tree and drag and release (copy/paste) where i want it and thats that .
    thanks for explaining
    Last edited by T6&sfpER35%; September 29th, 2021 at 07:36 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I've been hit by both behaviors at the wrong time, so...

If you're fast and accurate you can drop files into sub-folders using the old behavior without the sub-folder opening.
    But key there is fast and accurate, it does have a slight delay before opening but you need to be quick about it.
    I guess users who prefer the old behavior already know this, and well, have an issue with the change.
    I can sympathize.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Interestingly, and I admit going off at a bit of a tangent here, I seldom drag and drop files using the file manager but use the context menu I get from the custom actions available in thunar, Xubuntu's file manager.
    A right click on file or files points to a script in my home
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    [ 0 -eq $# ] && exit
    dst=$(zenity --title='Where to move' --file-selection --directory) || exit
    /bin/mv -n -- "$@" "$dst"
    which moves those files to any folder in my home that I navigate to.
    I use a very similar script to copy files into other folders as well; another great time-saver.

It is something I use a great deal and I think it a hugely time-saving method of moving or copying files from folder to folder.
    I've used Xubuntu and its custom actions for so long now that I don't know if such methods are available in the other DE versions but my betting is that something similar must be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12