Thread: stupid crossed out circle keeps appearing on my screen randomly every couple seconds

Beans

Angry stupid crossed out circle keeps appearing on my screen randomly every couple seconds

so this is a fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04 (with a few programs installed) using geforce 470 driver on my 1650, and i keep getting this crossed out circle and it takes up big part of my screen, i have restarted my computer, changed drivers, and all i can think of its its starting to annoy me, i cant get rid of it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: stupid crossed out circle keeps appearing on my screen randomly every couple seco

It is your screen doing that. It is not a problem with Linux or the computer.

You should try a new HDMI cable for the screen.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: stupid crossed out circle keeps appearing on my screen randomly every couple seco

Similar issue here: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2466560

Unfortunately, no solution.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I would start by hooking the PC to another monitor or even a TV set and see if you get the same problem. If so, then I would make a bootable disk or thumb drive and boot and run from that and see what happens.

Beans

hello, thanks for the help i wouldve never expected it to be my hdmi cable or monitor, it randomly went away and hasnt come back

Beans

Hmm - you probably pressed and poked the HDMI cable, or shifted the screen and now all signals are making proper contact again.