Thread: Do I need an actual mac to write iphone apps or can I just use a virtualbox or EC2

Beans

Do I need an actual mac to write iphone apps or can I just use a virtualbox or EC2

I have to write an iphone app. Can I do it if I just buy an iphone to run it and use a virtualbox install of macos and/or use an EC2 Mac Instance

https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-...!!g!!mac%20aws

Or do it in a virtualbox?

Trying to avoid buying a mac.

thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Do I need an actual mac to write iphone apps or can I just use a virtualbox or EC

While you can install any OS you wish on Apple hardware, Apple's EULA forbids installing their OSes on anything but Apple hardware. A VM is not Apple hardware, therefore an installation in a VM would be a violation of their EULA.

We don't support such violations here. See this and note "We do not support circumventing TOS, EULA, etc here. Such threads will be closed and offending users will be penalised with infractions and warnings." I'm not going to issue an infraction, just a word of caution.

To forestall any discussion that may arise due to the original post, I'm going to close this thread. You are welcome to start a new one, asking only for help using any method other that one that violates an End User License Agreement.

Closed.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.