I'd check for high temperatures. Small cases don't often have great cooling and NVMe devices using an m.2 slot sometimes need a heatsink to help effectively cool them down.

My CPU is currently +50.4°C, but under transcode loads, I've seen it as high as 95°C before it self-throttles. My m.2 SSD is currently,
Code:
Disk: /dev/sdb
Current Temperature:                    45 Celsius
Under load, it runs about 10°C hotter than spinning disks do - so 55°C is about the highest I've ever seen. Some enterprise 10K rpm HDDs run hotter.
For example, can you guess which is the enterprise disk in this list?
Code:
Disk: /dev/sda
Current Temperature:                    39 Celsius
Disk: /dev/sdc
Current Temperature:                    47 Celsius
Disk: /dev/sdd
Current Temperature:                    35 Celsius
Disk: /dev/sde
Current Temperature:                    38 Celsius
Disk: /dev/sdf
Current Temperature:                    34 Celsius
Disk: /dev/sdg
Current Temperature:                    33 Celsius
Hint, none are SSDs.

If a name-brand SSD doesn't support SMART, there is definitely a connectivity issue. Kingston will support SMART. BTW, new, reputable, SSDs fail from time to time within the first few months. All storage fails, so having backups really isn't optional for anything you don't want to lose. A 2TB USB3 spinning disk is just $50, so there is little chance that the time needed to recreate that data will be less than $50 of your time and effort. Especially if you actually got a 2TB SSD for media serving? Srsly? No need regardless of the media involved. A cheapo external USB2 HDD would almost certainly be faster than needed to provide streaming 4K videos to the house.

Page faults can be caused by bad RAM. If you had a Ryzen, I'd say to stick with DOCP settings, but back off on the speed a few hundred Mhz to get a stable setup and perhaps raise the voltage +0.05V. With Intel, all I can say is to run memtest for at least 24 hours straight.