Thread: Mouse problem in minecraft

Beans

Exclamation Mouse problem in minecraft

I am running an ubuntu vm to play minecraft, but i can't use the mouse: i can use the left and right button, even the scroll wheel, but i can't turn around, this does not happend in any other application and in the desktop of both the Vm and the host, so why is it happening in minecraft and how do i fix it?
    Last edited by deadflowr; September 8th, 2021 at 04:55 PM. Reason: reset font to forums default

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Mouse problem in minecraft

why do you need to run a VM for that?

depends on how mouse is passed through to VM. and how it is recognised by the software in VM. in any case you could start up by telling us what hardware is used on bare metal, which host, which VM, if virtual box did you install any guest additions and such. many things could cause this issue and you need to eliminate them one by one.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans

I had a similar story when I decided to install gta sa, in the end it turned out that the pirated version of the game could not work normally!

Beans

I faced the same problem long back ago but I was not running vm and then I changed the mouse and it started working normally.

Beans

Are you using 3D acceleration, it could be lagging because of that. Or Guest Additions may help.