Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MATE Calculator is too small, how do I enlarge it?

Beans

Re: MATE Calculator is too small, how do I enlarge it?

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    Try galculator. I have version 2.1.4 from the repo universe, and I can change size of buttons and fonts (and the total size of the window will fit.

Edit: See the attached screenshot.
    Thank you so much. galculator is very customizable and you can edit the window size and the font size, so it's perfect for my eyes.

The default maximum window size is 100x100, but I was able to get past that by editing the galculator.conf file.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewhatever View Post
    what I've seen, people hate oversized design on their desktops with passion, and tend to trough major temper tantrums over it.
    In my case, my eyes aren't what they used to be and so I need a calculator with a bigger window and font size, and galculator does the trick.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    Try galculator. I have version 2.1.4 from the repo universe, and I can change size of buttons and fonts (and the total size of the window will fit.

Edit: See the attached screenshot.
    Thank you so much. galculator is very customizable and you can edit the window size and the font size, so it's perfect for my eyes.

The default maximum window size is 100x100, but I was able to get past that by editing the galculator.conf file.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewhatever View Post
    what I've seen, people hate oversized design on their desktops with passion, and tend to trough major temper tantrums over it.
    In my case, my eyes aren't what they used to be and so I need a calculator with a bigger window and font size, and galculator does the trick.

Beans

How about qalculate?

Looks pretty cool, both qalculate and qalculate-gtk are in the repo, since you are on xubuntu you should get the gtk version.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I second qalculate - you can change the font size and make the window any size you want - the buttons expand with the window.
    It also has a full range of financial functions as well as every other function you might need.

I use it in history mode ,where buttons are not displayed and the keyboard is used to input data and previous calculations are listed below the current calculation
    Last edited by Paulgirardin; September 19th, 2021 at 09:31 PM.
    Ubuntu 23.10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12