Thread: "you are in emergency mode" after unscheduled power off [18.04 desktop]

Beans

Question "you are in emergency mode" after unscheduled power off [18.04 desktop]

For few years I'm running Ubuntu on my home server. New thing this year in my area are short but frequent power grid outages.
    After each such power interrupt system is not booting to desktop, but to emergency mode.
    Solution is simply to reboot the system using reset button - a bit inconvenient since the system is placed in obscure corner at the attic
    Not to mention situation when I'm away...

Is there any brute force method possible for disabling the emergency mode?

Also, there probably is some reason (like some problem with my hardware) for such behavior - any pointers where to look for it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Exclamation Re: "you are in emergency mode" after unscheduled power off [18.04 desktop]

Emergency mode is there for cause: Ye need additional hardware in the power-supply chain. American Power Conversion has supplied the server market for decades; the SmartUPS series is probably the line ye want.
    nVIDIA® nForce® chipsets require discrete GPU's up to Pascal and appropriate nVIDIA Kernel modules.
    Most intel® ExpressSets™ and AMD® RS-Series are fully supported in open source.