Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Instability in Ubuntu 18.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Instability in Ubuntu 18.04

How about your system logs? Did you already paste it into the Ubuntu pastebin?
    If you haven't done it yet. Please try to do it before your Linux Ubuntu Operating
    System gets crazy it get more worst. And try to install also a Linux Ubuntu Operating
    System canonical live-patch. It has a big help when you have installed it in your
    Linux Ubuntu Operating System. Good Luck and regards.
    corn ubuntuforums community.
    Open Source platform where the real world of human is here. Click here for Solve thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by mIk3_08 View Post
    How about your system logs? Did you already paste it into the Ubuntu pastebin?.
    I put the link in my last post, but here it is again anyway :~)

HTML Code:
    https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/4PTvVQ84Fm/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by heatopher2 View Post
    I put the link in my last post, but here it is again anyway :~)
    HTML Code:
    https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/4PTvVQ84Fm/
    I have review all your post to this thread many times. But I haven't seen any links of your
    Linux Ubuntu Operating System logs and I saw only two links on your previews post
    to this thread and its only the link of your system hardware information.
    Again, I haven't seen any links of your Linux Ubuntu Operating System logs. Regards.
    Open Source platform where the real world of human is here. Click here for Solve thread

Beans
    Distro

I have review all your post to this thread many times. But I haven't seen any links of your
    Linux Ubuntu Operating System logs and I saw only two links on your previews post
    to this thread and its only the link of your system hardware information.
    Again, I haven't seen any links of your Linux Ubuntu Operating System logs. Regards.
    Sorry, I don't understand. You ony told me to run that command:
    Code:
    sudo lshw
    That's what is pasted in that link. I already said in previous posts that I don't know where to look among all the logs. Please advise :~)
    Last edited by heatopher2; September 12th, 2021 at 08:08 PM.

Beans

Code:
    sudo lshw
    That's what is pasted in that link. I already said in previous posts that I don't know where to look among all the logs. Please advise :~)

Code:
    cat /var/log/syslog
    and

Code:
    sudo dmesg

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    Code:
    cat /var/log/syslog
    and

Code:
    sudo dmesg
    OK, thanks. Will do tomorrow :~)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Code:
    sudo lshw
    Sorry I wasn't able to elaborate more about my post I thought you knew already.
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    Code:
    cat /var/log/syslog
    and
    Code:
    sudo dmesg
    Thanks to monkeybrain20122 for the quick response.
    Thanks for the help.

Beans
    Distro

Sorry I wasn't able to elaborate more about my post I thought you knew already.
    No worries. Like I said, not a beginner, but still only pre-intermediate at the most :~)

OK. Here we go. Again, I can't get into the Ubuntu GUI, but I was able to get on the system as root and used my still limited command line skills to get those two commands into files that I then smuggled out of the system with an Ubuntu Live USB (so I'm definitely not a complete beginner at least, which makes me feel quite a lot better :~). Now, here's the syslog:

HTML Code:
    https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/MwvZNhPrmT/
    and dmesg:

HTML Code:
    https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/MV4Cd2YZCt/
    Well, there's a lot to look at there! Hope it all makes sense to someone :~)
    Last edited by heatopher2; September 13th, 2021 at 04:33 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

No worries. Like I said, not a beginner, but still only pre-intermediate at the most :~)
    OK. Here we go. Again, I can't get into the Ubuntu GUI, but I was able to get on the system as root and used my still limited command line skills to get those two commands into files that I then smuggled out of the system with an Ubuntu Live USB (so I'm definitely not a complete beginner at least, which makes me feel quite a lot better :~). Now, here's the syslog:
    HTML Code:
    https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/MwvZNhPrmT/
    and dmesg:
    HTML Code:
    https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/MV4Cd2YZCt/
    Well, there's a lot to look at there! Hope it all makes sense to someone :~)
    I will try to review your system logs. This will be a lot to review. I will explain to you on what will I see in your system logs.
    We will be more lucky if someone in the community will also try to help us and review your system logs on your Linux Ubuntu Operating System situation.
    Stay cool and regards.

Beans
    Distro

I will try to review your system logs. This will be a lot to review. I will explain to you on what will I see in your system logs.
    We will be more lucky if someone in the community will also try to help us and review your system logs on your Linux Ubuntu Operating System situation.
    Stay cool and regards.
    Sure, no worries and no massive rush. I'm surviving on Windows for the time being, and learning new Linux stuff as and when I want to on a VM. Still, I have to admit that I get really annoyed by all the stupid things that Windows does, of course, and keen to get back on the main Linux drag sooner rather than later :~/

Speaking of VMs, I checked the syslog on the Ubuntu VM that I'm running on Windows, and there seemed to be a **LOT** less going on there than on the log that I've pasted. I suppose maybe it's not surprising, since I have hardly any applications installed on the VM. Nevertheless, I guess the question that I have in my mind is whether it's normal (if such a thing as "normal" even exists) for a system log at startup to be as long as the one that I've submitted.

And thanks for your attention, of course

(P.S. please don't hesitate to tell me if you think that it's all too complicated, and the best thing would be to do a new clean install, using the live-patch from the start this time. I'm partly just pursuing all this as part of my general Linux learning :~)
    Last edited by heatopher2; September 15th, 2021 at 07:56 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast