Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Instability in Ubuntu 18.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Instability in Ubuntu 18.04

Quote Originally Posted by mIk3_08 View Post
    Actually, I don't really know now for where I am to start with this situation again. The problem you had in your logs are from September only. I don't have any log records from from you in July. But I still find ways to make a solution to the issue. Its just that, I have some personal issue that I have to attend too.

Actually, I'm still here looking some possibilities to the issue you had in your Linux Ubuntu Operating System.
    Hi again. Sorry, please understand that I really wasn't having a go at you at all. I really appreciate your help. All I was saying was that one person can't do this kind of thing on their own, and well.... there was just a load of frustration with other experiences on forums recently and in the more distant past.

Anyway, like I said, if it's all too much, please tell me, and I'll just reinstall from scratch. I'll also understand if you actually want to persist in order to understand the problem just as a matter of curiosity, because that's mainly what's driving me :~)

By the way, I have no idea how I'm supposed to get logs from July. I just ran the commands that I was told to :~)
    Last edited by heatopher2; September 24th, 2021 at 02:24 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Try disable in browser "use hardware acceleration".

I have changed the Unattended-Upgrade on Ubuntu from every day to 14 days:

/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/10periodic
    /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/20auto-upgrades

Code:
    APT::Periodic::Unattended-Upgrade "14";
    "0": means is disabled

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

How to fix Ubuntu 18.04 freeze after boot when NVIDIA card installed

Replace in GRUB menu for 18.04 ”quiet splash” with ”quiet splash nomodeset” (On the grub screen click select ‘*Ubuntu’ and press ‘e’)
    After that freeze should be gone.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Oh, hi. I had pretty much given up on hearing anything again, so haven't looked on here for a while. As it happens, I hadn't got around to starting over as yet, so I will have a look at this tomorrow (or more likely Wednesday :~)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345