Thread: Bitcoin Server "Electrs" Installation Failing

Beans

Bitcoin Server "Electrs" Installation Failing

I am trying to install an Electrum Server (electrs) to use it as a bridge between my Electrum Wallet software and my own Bitcoin node. However, while building the electrs, getting below mentioned error when I run the command - ./target/release/electrs -vvv --timestamp --db-dir ./db --electrum-rpc-addr="127.0.0.1:50001"

2021-09-03T07:45:53.638-07:00 - WARN - failed to connect daemon at 127.0.0.1:8332: Connection refused (os error 111)

When I abort the command and rerun it, the output is -

Config { log: StdErrLog { verbosity: Debug, quiet: false, show_level: true, timestamp: Millisecond, modules: [], writer: "stderr", color_choice: Auto }, network_type: Bitcoin, db_path: "./db/mainnet", daemon_dir: "/home/phonix/.bitcoin", blocks_dir: "/home/phonix/.bitcoin/blocks", daemon_rpc_addr: V4(127.0.0.1:8332), electrum_rpc_addr: V4(127.0.0.1:50001), monitoring_addr: V4(127.0.0.1:4224), jsonrpc_import: false, index_batch_size: 10, bulk_index_threads: 4, tx_cache_size: 10485760, txid_limit: 100, server_banner: "Welcome to electrs 0.8.11 (Electrum Rust Server)!", blocktxids_cache_size: 10485760 }
    thread 'main' panicked at 'failed to start monitoring HTTP server at 127.0.0.1:4224: Address already in use (os error 98)', src/metrics.rs:73:13
    note: run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace.

I am referring the video for the steps of Electrs installation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMYlRICQ1cQ

Please suggest how to overcome this error

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Bitcoin Server "Electrs" Installation Failing

Your linked video shows electrs being installed to Ubuntu Bionic Beaver. Please confirm which release and flavour of Ubuntu you are trying to install electrs to, or which Linux distro if not Ubuntu. Thanks.
    Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.