Thread: SCSI Drive Data Recovery

Beans

SCSI Drive Data Recovery

I have an old IBM xSeries 200 Server that I have been running on Ubuntu for years. I have a new machine ready to take over, but it appears as if I have lost the motherboard on the IBM. So I have a SCSI drive that I need the data from, and unfortunately don't have a viable backup of the system. So the SCSI drive is connected to a PCI card, but being old hardware this is a 5V 32bit PCI slot / card. I don't have any other machines that are able to accept this card or drive. Located in Little Rock, AR, USA and looking for recommendations or ideas.

Regards,
    TacticalTrout

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: SCSI Drive Data Recovery

Bunch of SCSI adapters on Amazon: just type "SCSI adapter" as your search.

Beans

So I did have a machine that had a PCI slot that would accept the SCSI card. Drive was seen and the onboard SCSI utility came up, but could not mount the drive for anything that I tried. The end of this thread from me is that I have had to send the drive off for hopeful recovery and to tell you to BACK UP OFTEN. This was old hardware that I have the replacement for in place, but I didn't priortize perhaps the most important piece of my business. It's always something.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I always have backups. 2 in this house and one at another house.