Thread: Introduction

Beans

Introduction

Greeting: Hello, my name is johanson I am a teacher.
    I am looking for a place where I get to know people and learn something new.
    So how is it going? where are you from and when did you join this form?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Introduction

The first thing you need to learn is that this forum has two sections for conversation type posts. One section is called "The Cafe." It purpose is described this way:

The Community Chat area is for lighthearted and enjoyable discussions, such as you might find around a water cooler at work.

Most topics which are not technical support requests may be discussed here. The exceptions are those discussions which would be better posted in the new Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat sub-forum. Also, discussions on religion and politics are not allowed, since they have caused serious problems in the past. This area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments. Please take those elsewhere. Thanks!
    The Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat section is described in this way:

This is the place for chat and discussion about any aspect of Ubuntu, Linux or any operating system and its software. Technical support requests should be posted in an appropriate support sub-forum. Discussion of the politics of open source is permissible, but only the politics of open source. Wider political discussion is disallowed in all areas of the forum, as is discussion of religion. As with the Cafe, this area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments. Please take those elsewhere. Thanks!
    As regards your questions you will see on the right side of my post my join date, my location; the number of times I have posted in this forum. I have hidden that information. And the distribution of Linux I am using. I see from your post that you, yourself, do not give a location. Perhaps you do not reside in this universe. But never mind. Location can be a literal place on this planet or some other definition of "place."

A person could learn a lot by reading the Ubuntu Code of Conduct. Some of us have actually gone so far as to sign this code of conduct to confirm our agreement to control our conduct. I do believe that signing the code of conduct is a requirement for being employed by Canonical the sponsor and developer of Ubuntu. As one Canonical employee said to me: "Signed in blood."

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530