Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can I remove ubuntu and install an iso without usb or cd?

Beans

Re: How can I remove ubuntu and install an iso without usb or cd?

You need to create a bootable USB drive that has the Windows 10 ISO with a tool like Etcher https://www.balena.io/etcher/ or UNetbootin https://unetbootin.github.io/ (so you may need to copy your Win 10 ISO to
    your computer first).

Then be sure your computer BIOS is set to boot from USB first. Boot from the bootable USB drive you created - the Windows installer will start.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by C.S.Cameron View Post
    You need a USB device at least 8GB in size. (The one I use for installing Windows is 16 GB).

Win10_20H2_English_x64.iso is over 6GB.

It looks to me like your USB is too small.

I am not familiar with Windows Lite, It is not an official Microsoft project:

From Microsoft:
    "The Windows Lite you read about is a hacked version of Windows 10, it has had its source files altered by persons unknown to remove all the UWP apps and other functionality"
    I have a 24gb usb, it is not called the lite version, it is a version for companies that has fewer programs, things like the weather, xbox, things like that, if you want I can give you the microsoft link. Now, how can I do to install windows from a usb in ubuntu?

Edit:
    In my opinion the best windows and it is the one that I really want to install, it is the version of Windows 10 LTSC (Long Term Servicing Channel)
    https://www.microsoft.com/evalcenter...-10-enterprise
    Last edited by doxne; August 30th, 2021 at 05:12 AM. Reason: The ISO I mean

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

August 24th I used the method shown at this link: https://askubuntu.com/a/1359829/43926
    I had no problems and the USB booted right up.
    I was using Legacy boot also.
    I do not know why you are getting "No suitable target device found".
    I will PM sudodus, (mkusb's creator) and ask him to have a look.

Beans
    Hidden!

Looking at the screenshot in post #9, think than you ran mkusb-dus from the internal drive /dev/sda. It started dus, and dus could not see any other drive.

Either there was no other drive plugged in at that time, or there is a problem with the USB drive or with the USB system in the computer.

(The error at line 74 is makes no difference here, because control is given to dus, and it is dus that cannot find any other drive.)

Some time ago I wrote some instructions how to analyze a similar problem, and I think they can be applied in this case. Please look at this link to AskUbuntu. Good luck

Beans

Many thanks to both of you, I will try the methods both gave me.

Beans

Question Re: How can I remove ubuntu and install an iso without usb or cd?

I need help, I can't load the usb because it's gpt, I get a blinking line when I start it from bios or legacy.

Beans
    Hidden!

Please describe with as many details as possible what you did and how it failed (which tutorial, commands, error messages etc)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12