Thread: Can someone give me the Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa WALLPAPER?

Beans

Can someone give me the Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa WALLPAPER?

Today I upgraded to Hirsute Hippo, but I would really like the Focal Fossa wallpaper file (default focal fossa on purple background). Any images I can find online are not hi-res images. I didn't realise that the files do reside on the computer, and I could have saved it myself before I upgraded. Could someone give me the file?
    Last edited by dialyt-7; August 26th, 2021 at 10:14 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Can someone give me the Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa WALLPAPER?

Perhaps you can find it in a 20.04 LiveUSB lying around?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by dialyt-7 View Post
    Any images I can find online are not hi-res images. I didn't realise that the files do reside on the computer, and I could have saved it myself before I upgraded. Could someone give me the file?
    How would they do that? Any image uploaded to the forum would be resolution downgraded. But don't despair! A simple terminal command should get you the whole set:

Code:
    sudo apt install ubuntu-wallpapers-focal
    Adapt the command as necessary for any other release.

Edit: Oops. That might not work. For some reason I have never been able to fathom, the default wallpaper for each release has the filename warty-final-ubuntu.png, so I'm not sure what will happen when you run that command in Hirsute. But there is another way.

Download this file (click on the link): http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...buntu1_all.deb

Then extract the deb. Then extract data.tar.xz inside the extracted deb. Then navigate to usr/share/backgrounds inside the data folder and you'll find the full 4096x2304 warty-final-ubuntu.png file with the focal image you want.
    Last edited by coffeecat; August 26th, 2021 at 10:53 PM.
    Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly41 View Post
    Perhaps you can find it in a 20.04 LiveUSB lying around?
    That would work I'm sure, thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    How would they do that? Any image uploaded to the forum would be resolution downgraded. But don't despair! A simple terminal command should get you the whole set:

Code:
    sudo apt install ubuntu-wallpapers-focal
    Adapt the command as necessary for any other release.

Edit: Oops. That might not work. For some reason I have never been able to fathom, the default wallpaper for each release has the filename warty-final-ubuntu.png, so I'm not sure what will happen when you run that command in Hirsute. But there is another way.

Download this file (click on the link): http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...buntu1_all.deb

Then extract the deb. Then extract data.tar.xz inside the extracted deb. Then navigate to usr/share/backgrounds inside the data folder and you'll find the full 4096x2304 warty-final-ubuntu.png file with the focal image you want.
    Thanks, I tried the first step and realised it was missing, and then did the second!