Thread: I need to learn me something.

Beans

Question I need to learn me something.

Hi,

Just got 21.04. I am very new to CLI. Any literature recommendations so I can quickly get up to speed and understand why my peripherals won't work?

Thanks!

Beans

Re: I need to learn me something.

Which peripherals won't work and we can maybe advise

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

One of the things I like very much about Ubuntu is the fact that I can do nearly everything through utilities/applications that come as standard with Ubuntu and I hardly ever need to use the command line interface.

Over the years I have learnt several commands that I find useful but I like Ubuntu because the developers and maintainers have a philosophy that "Ubuntu is for Humans."

We have the Ubuntu Desktop Guide. Click on the icon of a blue circle with a white question mark ( ? ). This forum exists so that more experienced Ubuntu users can assist less experienced users. I have learnt a lot from this forum. Here is a link to a Ubuntu tutorial called The Linux Command line for beginners.

https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/command...ers#1-overview

Please read section 7 - The Command line and the Superuser. We can do a lot of damage to an operating system using the command line. We need a clear understanding of how Ubuntu tries to limit the potential for doing damage with the use of the word "sudo" as a prefix for certain commands.

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Check the link on bottom line.
    Cheers,

The Linux Command Line at http://linuxcommand.org/