Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Issues with latest updates to 20.04

Beans

Re: Issues with latest updates to 20.04

Quote Originally Posted by MAFoElffen View Post
    well heck... You should not have restored yet.
    I didn't have days to wait to find a solution - these are servers in a production environment so every minute they are down is a problem.

I've explained the best I could with what I had on hand. Since it seem to just be an issue with our systems and not everyone in general, I'll ignore updates until the next more significant update comes out and try.

Thanks to those that replied,
    Ed

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Issues with latest updates to 20.04

Servers where the Virtual TTY Session are not showing now? Or did they have Graphical Desktops?

Since, they are Virtual... Leave them running and lock down the updates temporarily...

Clone one. Change the Virt networking to private temporarily, before you bring it up. Change the hostname and static address so they do not conflict with existing. Disable any service that will broadcast a conflicting DNS name to your production systems. Change the network switch back to what it was. Then test and diagnose on that disposable VM.
    Last edited by MAFoElffen; September 6th, 2021 at 07:56 AM.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12