Thread: Epson v370 scanner and VueScan on Ubuntu 21.04

Beans

Epson v370 scanner and VueScan on Ubuntu 21.04

Does anybody have the combination in the subject line working in Ubuntu 21.04?

VueScan does not recognize the scanner although it is seen on the system as seen by lsusb, I have been through all the rigmarole of installing the epsonscan2 drivers from Epson, with no success. Hamrick software has not eplied to our support request, which I find rather strange - possibly not a good sign.

I am aware of a dozen things to with iscan and so on, but almost everything I find refers to the epkowa driver, which is obsolete I assume, as it is nowhere to be found, and many of the Epson pages lead to 404 errors or blank.

In short, the gist of this question is: am I flogging a dead horse? Is this scanner just simply an Epson that is not supported? I'd appreciate hearing from anybody who has this working, specifically with Ubuntu 21.04. I might add that we have exactly the same problem with Debian 11, for what it's worth. The scanner is not all that old, so I find these difficulties surprising.

brian_p is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: Epson v370 scanner and VueScan on Ubuntu 21.04

A long shot. Give
    Code:
    lsusb -v | grep -A 3 bInterfaceClass.*7
    Brian.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Epson v370 scanner and VueScan on Ubuntu 21.04

Contact Hamrick. Last time I had a problem like this they were very responsive and came up with a solution in short order (i.e., instructions even I could follow. Problem turned out to be user error, but they were very nice about it).
    regards