Thread: Cannot get picture to Asus Portable Monitor

Beans

Question Cannot get picture to Asus Portable Monitor

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and am a novice with Ubuntu/Linux. I have an MSI laptop with an GeForce GTX 1650 card. I have to use a USB-A to -C adapter to operate my Asus Zenscreen MB16AC. Ubuntu sees the adapter but I am not getting display port over USB working and Ubuntu is not registering the Zenscreen as a monitor. I got this working in the past after doing something with the video card drivers, but now it is not working again. Can someone help me here? I believe I need to generate some info for you to help me, but I am really new to seeking help and don't know those type of commands. So far, I have tinkered enough to figure everything out, but this issue has me hung up.

Edit: The monitor stopped working on Ubuntu after I booted into Windows. Windows did some big update and then I discovered that the machine would only boot into Windows. I changed a setting in my Bios to boot to Ubuntu and then I was able to dual boot again. It was then that I found the monitor would not work in Ubuntu. Since that time, I've been tinkering around trying to fix it and I even upgrade from 20.04 to 21.04. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jake
    Last edited by 3#ky'Idj5~; August 19th, 2021 at 05:59 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Cannot get picture to Asus Portable Monitor

If you have traced it back to a Microsoft change, have you contacted Microsoft about this issue? At least to complain to them about breaking other OSes?

Beans

My response was edited by a moderator. I am going to discuss this in another forum as it would probably be edited as well. All I asked for is help with my issue.
    Last edited by 3#ky'Idj5~; August 24th, 2021 at 12:01 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

If you are unwilling to have your posts edited by a Moderator on a moderated forum, perhaps it is best for you to seek assistance elsewhere.

Closed
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.