Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lenovo thinkpad L15 gen2 ethernet not working in ubuntu 18.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Lenovo thinkpad L15 gen2 ethernet not working in ubuntu 18.04

Good news, indeed! While we have a working ethernet, let's get the wireless working. Please run and post:

Code:
    lspci -nnk | grep 0280 -A3
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Great, I ran the command and this came up:

mati@mati-ThinkPad-L15-Gen-2:~$ lspci -nnk | grep 0280 -A3
    09:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device [10ec:8852]
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device [17aa:4852]
    0a:00.0 SD Host controller [0805]: O2 Micro, Inc. SD/MMC Card Reader Controller [1217:8621] (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Lenovo SD/MMC Card Reader Controller [17aa:508f]

Beans
    Distro

Here ya go: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1352...n-ubuntu-21-04

Post back if you need additional help.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Hi, I am writing this using my WiFi connection thanks to you!! Now I can use both lan card and wifi too. Thank you very much chili555.

I am wondering if there is anything else to install to take full advantage of the hardware, like display drivers (this laptop has intel iris xe) or sound or something else I am not aware of. I'd really appreciate help on that too. I think it may be ok as it is now because I am not finding any issue with any device, bluetooth is working, all quick actions are working (from f1 to f12 keys), resolution is correct, sound works, now both lan cards work, touchpad works, fingerprint too. I don't know if I am missing something, I just want to be sure.

Cheers,

Matias

Beans

Hello again my friend, this time I am writing because I am facing an issue that bothers me a little bit every time I try to turn off the computer.

When I turn it off under Ubuntu, the screen turns off, the little light at the center of the power button also turns off, but little lights of the Num Lock, Caps Lock, mute speaker and mute mic keep on and after that, to be able to turn on the computer again, I have to keep the power button pressed 10 seconds so keyboard turns off, then I can turn on the computer again. This only occurs in Ubuntu, when I turn off under Windows, all keyboard's lights turn off and screen too and then I can turn on the computer normally. I am attaching a picture of how the keyboard remains after I turn off under Ubuntu. At that moment I can't turn it on again, tried pressing every key and button but it does not start. I must press the power button 10 seconds to fully turn off keyboard lights, and only after that I can turn the computer on again.

https://imgur.com/a/PZA6kfG

Hope you can help me with this one. Thanks in advance.

Matias

UPDATE: Tried with the AC adapter not connected and it also happens.
    Last edited by bubbabubbarda; August 23rd, 2021 at 12:14 AM.

Beans
    Distro

I cannot. I know a bit about networking and wireless and almost nothing about general Ubuntu problems. All I really know is that my shutdown works as expected. Whew!

I recommend that you post your question here: https://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=331

I am very glad that the ethernet and wireless are working as expected.

Beans

Great, I'll post there.

Thanks you very much for all your help!

Have a good life my friend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12