Thread: KDEnlive 20.04.02 preview flicker issues - Nvidea 340 drivers?

Beans

KDEnlive 20.04.02 preview flicker issues - Nvidea 340 drivers?

Hi all,

I come to you having had no response for a month or so to this issue on the r/kdenlive subreddit.

Essentially the preview window is totally unusable using either the latest PPA or appimage versions. See the above post on reddit - including an OBS screen capture of the issue.

My system is an older i7-based box with 16bb ram and a basic Nvidea card. I'm running Lubuntu 20.04 LTS.

I'm hoping it's not a Nvidia driver issue, as I need the proprietary drivers for cloud-based CAD (WebGL). I've been using other editors (Shotcut mostly) as a workaround, but now want to consider KDEnlive again, as it may run on all my machines (whereas Shotcut may not).

Any help debugging would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: KDEnlive 20.04.02 preview flicker issues - Nvidea 340 drivers?

Laptop or desktop? What nVidia card? Where are you getting your nVidia drivers from?

Beans

Thanks for the reply. I can answer some of that but need to do further testing:

- Desktop;
    - GeForce G210
    - 340 Drivers installed via apt. No ppa that I was aware of (it was a very fresh install)

Further testing required as:

- KDEnlive was dead weight, so I removed it
    - I then had the issue listed here
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2465592
    - The resolution of the above was installing legacy drivers listed in a bug report from the kelebek333 nvidea legacy ppa.

I therefore need to re-install KDEnlive and get back to you after a test with the kelebek333 drivers

Beans

Just reinstalled and tested - exact same issue