Thread: User Profile, GONE - Where is my data?

Beans

User Profile, GONE - Where is my data?

Hello Ubuntu Forum -

What happened to my user profile, did it just go away?

I am new to MINT Linux and for the past 4 days I have been configuring my laptop Lenovo X1 Carbon as my daily driver to use MINT etc.

I restarted my computer as I have done many times in the last 4 days, and now it booted up as if i was starting over. There is no USB drive or Thumb drive in the system. So i went through the user creation again thinking for some reason it wants to create another user. Prior to this i had a full Printer Que and deleted all the JOBS and then reset the computer.

i now look in the settings and only see my new user not the original user I had. My old user profile does not seem to be on the system anymore, I hope to god I did not loose all my information and hard work for the past 4 days.

I moved off of Windows, as this is something I would expect from Microsoft but a simple restart to then get me back into some new user creation, along with location, interent, date and time and location settings. Same wizard i did 4 days ago, this is quite confusing. I was not able to download any backup software or image software yet so I have no backups etc.

Any help you all can provide would be great. Please help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: User Profile, GONE - Where is my data?

Moved to the Mint forum as you are using mint and this is where all questions for mint users belong, please in the future start your threads in this forum, if you do not understand how to do that please ask.

Beans

im not sure how to tag it MINT

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmacho View Post
    im not sure how to tag it MINT
    You are not being asked to tag anything "Mint". You are being asked to stop posting Mint questions in the Ubuntu official flavours sections. This is not the Mint forum. This is the Ubuntu forum. Although Mint is based on Ubuntu, it is not an official "flavour" of Ubuntu and the Mint developers have gone their own way leading to significant differences between the various types of Mint and Ubuntu and its official flavours.

Linux Mint has its own forum here: https://forums.linuxmint.com/ . It is an excellent forum and you may be better off with Mint questions there. Although users are welcome to post Mint questions here, they should do so only in the designated Mint sub-forum, in the knowledge that this may not be the best place to get support for Linux Mint. Nor is it the best place to get support for the other 60+ distros based on Ubuntu which are not official flavours of Ubuntu.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Got it