Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Inspired

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Inspired

The "post-processing" was trying to strip those...

Yes... I see the "different" ANSI codes you are getting now. Whereas, with the decoration sequences you added for $blueback and $resetvid, that started doing the same for me, but was with different ANSI codes.

Note that I was not getting those ANSI codes with mine before your suggested decorations were added. But all I tested on here, just had the default installed console pallet. *

In that post processing process, I changed the binary character hex1B (escape sequence start) to hex26 (ascii character & )... and removed the ANSI codes that specifically were showing up on mine as what was left of the ansi codes. For refrence, take a look at the last 3 lines of code...Now seeing yours, it's different codes. So when it didn't get a match of what was on mine, on your's, it didn't take it out... But now, between the both of ours, I see the pattern to ID their beginning and end. I just need to expand the regedit pattern of SED in the last 2 lines, to take out all ANSI codes, not just specific ones..

@sudosus:

Try these two lines with these wildcards in place of the last two lines of the post-process... To expand that search.
    Code:
    sed -i 's/&\[1;.*m//g' $report
    sed -i 's/&\[0.*m//g' $report
    Note: I had tried to do it in a single sed one-liner, using both hex and ascii pattern matching together, at the same time, and also using a sed OR operator... and it just wasn't consistent across different machines, That's why I had to split it up. And the binary hex match in place, still doesn't work for MAC OSX.. Just because it does that a bit enough of a different way... to fail on them.

In the meantime, looking at your perl code fix suggestion.. in case that doesn't work for you.

EDIT:
    (*) That reminds me... In my sticky, years ago, just after I joined the Ubuntu Server Team, I posted custom pallet theming for Server Console:
    - - - > Aubergine Theming for Servers
    I guess I should test it against that... And test how it runs it different terminal emulators. What is our list of emulators so far? I have tested in Console, Byobu, Gnome, and Xterm... You?
    Last edited by MAFoElffen; August 21st, 2021 at 06:09 PM.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans
    Hidden!

@MAFoElffen,

1. Sorry but those two lines blank out the whole output of inxi. Please use the suggested perl expression. It is well tested by several people and it is only one line (and I am rather sure that perl is bundled with Ubuntu and the community flavours).

2. Please remember to consider also the other things that I suggested (in post #20).

Beans
    Hidden!

I don't think the problem is the terminal emulator, because I use gnome-terminal in a mixed Lubuntu & Xubuntu system. I usually run the LXDE desktop environment set up by the Lubuntu team, and I suspect that something in that environment (or in 18.04.x LTS or in inxi for 18.04.x) makes inxi send ANSI sequences also when redirecting the output. Yesterday I made sure that inxi is reset to the standard settings. (The output is clean in my Ubuntu 20.04.x LTS systems.)
    Last edited by sudodus; August 21st, 2021 at 06:10 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Your suggested PERL statement does work here...

If I change the sed regedit pattern to what you sent
    Code:
    sed -i 's/\x1b\[[0-9;]*[mG]//g' $report
    Then that also works here with SED... But just left the PERL statement for now.

I added the apt-add-repository... Was there anything else that I didn't see?
    Last edited by MAFoElffen; August 21st, 2021 at 06:29 PM.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans
    Hidden!

@MAFoElffen,

I think the perl statement will serve us well, and the repo universe must be added in Ubuntu live, so I am happy with that

See also items 2-4 in post #20: But it is not important, include them (or some of them) if you think it will improve the script. Otherwise leave them out.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

2. If you wish, you can copy and paste the check for running the whole script as root or with sudo from my version of the script in post #12.

3. If you wish, you can copy and paste the 'paragraph' showing /etc/fstab, which can be useful, when helping people to add a new static mounted file system. This is also in the script in post #12.

4. If you wish, you can copy and paste the 'paragraph' showing df -h, which can be useful, when helping people. This is also in the script in post #12.
    On #2: Yes, I mentioned back to oldfred that I need to check to prevent that, as mentioned, because it will not get the user's info if it is run as root. I added these lines at script line #12
    Code:
    ## Check if ran as root
    if [[ "$EUID" == 0 ]]
       then echo "This script cannot be run as root"
       exit
    fi
    On #3: I can do that if this script is posted for use for user's on the forum to run on their Machines at their convenience... But I cannot do that from the Support LiveCD to run from it, until after the mount to their Machine's installed OS instance. It won't see their fstab file until the root drive they "select" is mounted. Just by coincidence, I already had written a script which does that for "after" that root drive is mounted, before the chroot into it... (LOL, there's more to that there, because I have to temporarily add entries there to add access to scripts passed from the LiveCD/outside the chroot, and carry data back out from the chroot...) I can include that for this script. On the Support LiveCD, it was just a Bash function I created for that, that strips out all the commented lines and returns the meat of their fstab. I added these 3 lines:
    Code:
    echo -e "${blueback}---------- Mount Details of '/etc/fstab':$resetvid"  >> $report
    bash -c "egrep -v '#' /etc/fstab"  >> $report
    echo -e "" >> $report
    On #4: Good Idea. In fact I had to ask similar to someone last night... (because initramfs update fails with a certain return code, if not enough room in a boot partition) I added these 3 lines...
    Code:
    echo -e "${blueback}---------- File System Disk Space Usage:$resetvid" >> $report
    bash -c "df -h | grep -v 'loop\|snap'" >> $report
    echo -e "" >> $report
    Anything else? Anyone?
    Last edited by MAFoElffen; August 21st, 2021 at 09:27 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by MAFoElffen View Post
    Anything else? Anyone?
    Could you post the latest version. I tried one yesterday, and was going to post here that there were some strange characters in Report.txt, but then a newer version was posted and the strange characters were gone. I am not certain I am following getting the edits correct per the posts.

My test server is Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS, typically with the most recent mainline kernel. I am connected to it via SSH from a windows computer.

Oh, by the way, thanks for your work on this.
    Any follow-up information on your issue would be appreciated. Please have the courtesy to report back.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I lost boot mode. Then noticed changed to a variable.
    I changed line 25? to this & it worked. But I really do not know what I am doing.

Code:
    if test -d /sys/firmware/efi; then boot_mode="UEFI mode"; else boot_mode="Legacy mode (alias CSM alias BIOS mode)"; fi
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

@oldfred: I noticed that this morning and had already corrected it.

I just reran it on the Test machine and here is "current"...

Script:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash

## MAFoElffen, <mafoelffen@ubuntu.com>, 2021.08.19
    ## Version 01.01, 2021.08.20
    ## Includes recommended changes submitted by:
    ##     sudodus <nio.wiklund@gmail.com>, 2021.08.20
    ##     oldfred, 2021.08.20
    ## Filename: Report-01.01.sh
    ## Description: Report Finds Machine Hardware Related Information.
    ##     For support use at "UbuntuForums.org".

## Check if ran as root
    if [[ "$EUID" == 0 ]]
       then echo "This script cannot be run as root"
       exit
    fi

## Set filename and path to
    report="$HOME/Report.txt"

## Set locale settings
    LANG=C

## Set a pretty screen decoration for displaying the report onscreen
    blueback="\0033[1;37;44m"
    resetvid="\0033[0m"

## Check for preinstalled prerequisites
    REQUIRED=$(apt list --installed | grep inxi 2> /dev/null)
    SUB1="installed"
    boot_mode=$( [ -d /sys/firmware/efi ] && echo "UEFI mode" || echo "Legacy mode (alias CSM alias BIOS mode)" )

echo "This script will install any prerequisite packages..." # The LiveCD has this preinstalled

if [[ $REQUIRED == *"$SUB1"* ]]; then
        continue;
    else
        sudo add-apt-repository universe
        sudo apt install -y inxi;
    fi

# User Input for Computer Make, Model, Type.
    clear
    echo -e "Please provide some \"Basic Information\"..."
    #read -p "Computer Make (ie: Dell/HP/ASUS/Lenova): " computer_make
    #read -p "Computer Model (ie: Ultima 420p) " computer_model
    #read -p "Computer Type (ie: Server | Desktop | Laptop): " computer_type
    read -p "What is the main complaint (summarized)? " main_complaint
    read -p "Describe the Problem: " problem_description
    clear

# Machine Info
    echo -e "Starting Report: `date +%F`  `date +%T`" > $report
    echo -e "" >> $report
    echo -e "${blueback}---------- User Input:$resetvid" >> $report
    #echo -e "Computer Make:  $computer_make" >> $report
    #echo -e "Computer Model: $computer_model" >> $report
    #echo -e "Computer Type:  $computer_type" >> $report
    echo -e ""  >> $report
    echo -e "Main Complaint: $main_complaint" >> $report
    echo -e "Problem Description:  $problem_description" >> $report
    echo -e "" >> $report
    echo -e "${blueback}---------- General computers specs from 'lshw':$resetvid" >> $report
    sudo bash -c "lshw | sed '/*-core/,$ d'" >> $report
    clear
    echo -e "" >> $report
    echo -e "${blueback}---------- General computers specs from 'inxi':$resetvid" >> $report
    sudo bash -c "inxi -CDGimMoprS | grep -v 'loop\|snap'" >> $report
    clear
    echo -e "${blueback}---------- File System Disk Space Usage:$resetvid" >> $report
    bash -c "df -h | grep -v 'loop\|snap'" >> $report
    echo -e "" >> $report
    echo -e "" >> $report
    echo -e "${blueback}---------- Additional Disk/Partition Information:$resetvid" >> $report
    echo -e "${blueback}---------- Information From 'fdisk':$resetvid"  >> $report
    sudo bash -c "fdisk -l | grep 'Disk\|Device\|/dev/' | grep -v 'loop\|snap'"  >> $report
    echo -e "" >> $report
    echo -e "${blueback}---------- Information From 'lsblk':$resetvid"  >> $report
    bash -c "lsblk -o NAME,SIZE,FSTYPE,LABEL,MOUNTPOINT,MODEL | grep -v 'loop\|snap'" >> $report
    echo -e "    ------- 'lsblk' information continued..." >> $report
    bash -c "lsblk -o NAME,PARTUUID,UUID | grep -v loop" >> $report
    echo -e "${blueback}---------- Mount Details of '/etc/fstab':$resetvid"  >> $report
    bash -c "egrep -v '#' /etc/fstab"  >> $report
    echo -e "" >> $report
    echo -e "${blueback}---------- Video Details:$resetvid"  >> $report
    sudo bash -c "lshw -C video" >> $report
    clear
    echo -e "" >> $report
    echo -e "${blueback}---------- Other Details:$resetvid"  >> $report
    echo -e "The computer boot mode was: $boot_mode" >> $report
    echo -e "The current kernel version is: `uname -r`" >> $report
    echo -e "The current release description is: `lsb_release -sd`" >> $report
    echo -e "" >> $report
    echo -e "The current logged in User is: `who`" >> $report
    echo -e "" >> $report
    echo -e "The User\'s ID is: `id`" >> $report
    echo -e "" >> $report
    echo -e "The current running DE is: $XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP" >> $report
    echo -e "" >> $report
    echo -e "*** End Of Report ***"  >> $report
    echo -e "" >> $report
    echo -e "The Report can be found at $report, and can be viewed with"
    echo -e ""
    echo -e ""
    less -r $report
    ## Post-Process Report.txt to remove the extraneous ANSI characters sequences from the report text...
    perl -i -pe 's/\x1b\[[0-9;]*[mG]//g' $report
    #sed -i 's/\x1b\[[0-9;]*[mG]//g' $report
    Sample Report Output:
    Code:
    Starting Report: 2021-08-21  21:38:23

---------- User Input:

Main Complaint: TestA
    Problem Description:  TesTB

---------- General computers specs from 'lshw':
    ubuntu-micro
        description: Computer
        product: Standard PC (Q35 + ICH9, 2009)
        vendor: QEMU
        version: pc-q35-4.2
        width: 64 bits
        capabilities: smbios-2.8 dmi-2.8 smp vsyscall32
        configuration: boot=normal uuid=F231A073-CB54-0D41-A673-D7CAB96ED04A

---------- General computers specs from 'inxi':
    System:    Host: ubuntu-micro Kernel: 5.11.0-27-generic x86_64 bits: 64 Console: N/A 
               Distro: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS (Focal Fossa) 
    Machine:   Type: Kvm System: QEMU product: Standard PC (Q35 + ICH9, 2009) v: pc-q35-4.2 serial: N/A 
               Mobo: N/A model: N/A serial: N/A UEFI: EFI Development Kit II / OVMF v: 0.0.0 date: 02/06/2015 
    Memory:    RAM: total: 3.82 GiB used: 237.4 MiB (6.1%) 
               Array-1: capacity: 4 GiB slots: 1 EC: Multi-bit ECC 
               Device-1: DIMM 0 size: 4 GiB speed: Unknown 
    CPU:       Topology: 4x Single Core model: AMD Opteron 63xx class CPU bits: 64 type: SMP L2 cache: 2048 KiB 
               Speed: 2800 MHz min/max: N/A Core speeds (MHz): 1: 2800 2: 2800 3: 2800 4: 2800 
    Graphics:  Device-1: Red Hat QXL paravirtual graphic card driver: qxl v: kernel 
               Display: server: X.org 1.20.11 driver: qxl tty: 128x48 
               Message: Advanced graphics data unavailable in console for root. 
    Network:   Device-1: Red Hat Virtio network driver: virtio-pci 
               IF-ID-1: enp1s0 state: up speed: -1 duplex: unknown mac: 52:54:00:9d:48:42 
               IP v4: 192.168.122.136/24 type: dynamic scope: global 
               IP v6: fe80::5054:ff:fe9d:4842/64 scope: link 
               WAN IP: 76.22.108.221 
    Drives:    Local Storage: total: 85.00 GiB used: 8.24 GiB (9.7%) 
               ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: QEMU model: HARDDISK size: 10.00 GiB 
               ID-2: /dev/sdb vendor: QEMU model: HARDDISK size: 20.00 GiB 
               ID-3: /dev/sdc vendor: QEMU model: HARDDISK size: 20.00 GiB 
               ID-4: /dev/sdd vendor: QEMU model: HARDDISK size: 20.00 GiB 
               ID-5: /dev/vda model: N/A size: 15.00 GiB 
    Partition: ID-1: / size: 14.21 GiB used: 8.24 GiB (58.0%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/vda2 
               ID-2: /boot/efi size: 511.0 MiB used: 5.2 MiB (1.0%) fs: vfat dev: /dev/vda1 
    Unmounted: ID-1: /dev/dm-0 size: 8.54 GiB fs: ext4 label: N/A uuid: ddf2288c-015c-4a63-aaf9-241973331647 
               ID-2: /dev/dm-1 size: 980.0 MiB fs: swap label: N/A uuid: 6ee48abe-b40d-4ac6-bd9d-22247d0f714a 
               ID-3: /dev/dm-2 size: 9.23 GiB fs: ext4 label: N/A uuid: fb81d8c7-1804-43cd-88c4-d6ef38419efb 
               ID-4: /dev/sda1 size: 512.0 MiB fs: vfat label: N/A uuid: 0576-559D 
               ID-5: /dev/sda2 size: 9.50 GiB fs: lvm2_member label: N/A uuid: L9rK0Q-RDec-QdUw-U6z2-8fGK-tkcr-PcTVg3 
               ID-6: /dev/sdb1 size: 512.0 MiB fs: vfat label: N/A uuid: 5500-DEE3 
               ID-7: /dev/sdb2 size: 923.0 MiB fs: swap label: N/A uuid: e7b1408b-c301-4044-a60b-2437c539d83e 
               ID-8: /dev/sdb3 size: 998.0 MiB fs: zfs_member label: bpool uuid: 7959111764556978840 
               ID-9: /dev/sdb4 size: 17.62 GiB fs: zfs_member label: rpool uuid: 6089464218371032509 
               ID-10: /dev/sdc1 size: 5.0 MiB fs: btrfs label: N/A uuid: a8fb8883-4130-415d-9488-3bedf7649187 
               ID-11: /dev/sdc2 size: 2.30 GiB fs: swap label: N/A uuid: 35238d3a-a2f6-411b-827f-7c5945919076 
               ID-12: /dev/sdc3 size: 499.7 MiB fs: vfat label: N/A uuid: 5805-E4A0 
               ID-13: /dev/sdc4 size: 17.20 GiB fs: btrfs label: N/A uuid: 9f292e4e-9582-450f-a9c6-f07cfa7e3b1f 
               ID-14: /dev/sdd1 size: 512.0 MiB fs: vfat label: N/A uuid: BFCD-815C 
               ID-15: /dev/sdd2 size: 1024.0 MiB fs: ext4 label: N/A uuid: 3ba41e8e-0387-46e5-9d3d-7931f44e604c 
               ID-16: /dev/sdd3 size: 4.62 GiB fs: ext4 label: N/A uuid: ea473298-3e83-49f9-a1a6-b1e8bd9541cd 
    Repos:     Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list 
               1: deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal main restricted
               2: deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates main restricted
               3: deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal universe
               4: deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates universe
               5: deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal multiverse
               6: deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates multiverse
               7: deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-backports main restricted universe multiverse
               8: deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security main restricted
               9: deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security universe
               10: deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security multiverse
               11: deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/nemh/systemback/ubuntu xenial main
               Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/scootersoftware.list 
               1: deb https://www.scootersoftware.com/ bcompare4 non-free
               Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sublime-text.list 
               1: deb https://download.sublimetext.com/ apt/stable/
    ---------- File System Disk Space Usage:
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    udev            1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /dev
    tmpfs           392M  1.8M  390M   1% /run
    /dev/vda2        15G  8.3G  5.3G  62% /
    tmpfs           2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
    tmpfs           2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    /dev/vda1       511M  5.3M  506M   2% /boot/efi
    tmpfs           392M     0  392M   0% /run/user/1000

---------- Additional Disk/Partition Information:
    ---------- Information From 'fdisk':
    Disk /dev/vda: 15 GiB, 16106127360 bytes, 31457280 sectors
    Disklabel type: gpt
    Disk identifier: DAC0F0EB-AB2F-4964-A77B-AE44A7CF90AA
    Device       Start      End  Sectors  Size Type
    /dev/vda1     2048  1050623  1048576  512M EFI System
    /dev/vda2  1050624 31455231 30404608 14.5G Linux filesystem
    Disk /dev/sdb: 20 GiB, 21474836480 bytes, 41943040 sectors
    Disk model: QEMU HARDDISK   
    Disk identifier: 58BB9F90-8E99-4E50-8E0D-99450436AA74
    /dev/sdb1     2048  1050623  1048576  512M EFI System
    /dev/sdb2  1050624  2940927  1890304  923M Linux swap
    /dev/sdb3  2940928  4984831  2043904  998M Solaris boot
    /dev/sdb4  4984832 41943006 36958175 17.6G Solaris root
    Disk /dev/sda: 10 GiB, 10737418240 bytes, 20971520 sectors
    Disk identifier: A9B3437B-32F9-41FE-A10C-F421EF6AC138
    /dev/sda1     2048  1050623  1048576  512M EFI System
    /dev/sda2  1050624 20969471 19918848  9.5G Linux LVM
    Disk /dev/sdd: 20 GiB, 21474836480 bytes, 41943040 sectors
    Disk identifier: B2EC33ED-9E86-4F3C-8D4F-09F1626C54E2
    Device        Start      End Sectors  Size Type
    /dev/sdd1      2048  1050623 1048576  512M EFI System
    /dev/sdd2   1050624  3147775 2097152    1G Linux filesystem
    /dev/sdd3   3147776 12843007 9695232  4.6G Linux filesystem
    /dev/sdd4  12843008 22538239 9695232  4.6G Linux filesystem
    /dev/sdd5  22538240 32233471 9695232  4.6G Linux filesystem
    /dev/sdd6  32233472 41928703 9695232  4.6G Linux filesystem
    Disk /dev/sdc: 20 GiB, 21474836480 bytes, 41943040 sectors
    Disk identifier: FC18B045-AAF9-40F7-A168-EAF0ACFE2FF7
    Device        Start      End  Sectors   Size Type
    /dev/sdc1      2048    12287    10240     5M BIOS boot
    /dev/sdc2  37109760 41940991  4831232   2.3G Linux swap
    /dev/sdc3     12288  1035724  1023437 499.7M EFI System
    /dev/sdc4   1036288 37109759 36073472  17.2G Linux filesystem
    Disk /dev/md0: 9.24 GiB, 9917431808 bytes, 19369984 sectors
    Disk /dev/mapper/vgubuntu-root: 8.55 GiB, 9168748544 bytes, 17907712 sectors
    Disk /dev/mapper/vgubuntu-swap_1: 980 MiB, 1027604480 bytes, 2007040 sectors
    Disk /dev/mapper/vg0-lv--0: 9.24 GiB, 9915334656 bytes, 19365888 sectors

---------- Information From 'lsblk':
    NAME                  SIZE FSTYPE            LABEL           MOUNTPOINT        MODEL
    sda                    10G                                                     QEMU_HARDDISK
    |-sda1                512M vfat                                                
    `-sda2                9.5G LVM2_member                                         
      |-vgubuntu-root     8.6G ext4                                                
      `-vgubuntu-swap_1   980M swap                                                
    sdb                    20G zfs_member        rpool                             QEMU_HARDDISK
    |-sdb1                512M vfat                                                
    |-sdb2                923M swap                                                
    |-sdb3                998M zfs_member        bpool                             
    `-sdb4               17.6G zfs_member        rpool                             
    sdc                    20G                                                     QEMU_HARDDISK
    |-sdc1                  5M btrfs                                               
    |-sdc2                2.3G swap                                                
    |-sdc3              499.7M vfat                                                
    `-sdc4               17.2G btrfs                                               
    sdd                    20G                                                     QEMU_HARDDISK
    |-sdd1                512M vfat                                                
    |-sdd2                  1G ext4                                                
    |-sdd3                4.6G ext4                                                
    |-sdd4                4.6G linux_raid_member ubuntu-server:0                   
    | `-md0               9.2G LVM2_member                                         
    |   `-vg0-lv--0       9.2G ext4                                                
    |-sdd5                4.6G linux_raid_member ubuntu-server:0                   
    | `-md0               9.2G LVM2_member                                         
    |   `-vg0-lv--0       9.2G ext4                                                
    `-sdd6                4.6G linux_raid_member ubuntu-server:0                   
      `-md0               9.2G LVM2_member                                         
        `-vg0-lv--0       9.2G ext4                                                
    sr0                  1024M                                                     QEMU_DVD-ROM
    vda                    15G                                                     
    |-vda1                512M vfat                              /boot/efi         
    `-vda2               14.5G ext4                              /                 
        ------- 'lsblk' information continued...
    NAME                PARTUUID                             UUID
    sda                                                      
    |-sda1              0d0795b9-8647-4870-abf2-9aafc0e5a216 0576-559D
    `-sda2              265d21f0-139c-41f0-8fa0-873dd08c60d7 L9rK0Q-RDec-QdUw-U6z2-8fGK-tkcr-PcTVg3
      |-vgubuntu-root                                        ddf2288c-015c-4a63-aaf9-241973331647
      `-vgubuntu-swap_1                                      6ee48abe-b40d-4ac6-bd9d-22247d0f714a
    sdb                                                      6089464218371032509
    |-sdb1              6e211de1-463c-4e07-8005-430c80d03a0b 5500-DEE3
    |-sdb2              498cd4aa-5e15-784b-8cb6-81b36f2464c1 e7b1408b-c301-4044-a60b-2437c539d83e
    |-sdb3              0dc16314-a3be-e441-92c3-9552c589b167 7959111764556978840
    `-sdb4              e2d1b433-d043-df44-bc3e-6fcf7e2054b4 6089464218371032509
    sdc                                                      
    |-sdc1              c60dc45a-3d5a-4670-a26f-9ade07729429 a8fb8883-4130-415d-9488-3bedf7649187
    |-sdc2              ad9a6f28-3f97-4d39-80db-a7a5b5d8e5b8 35238d3a-a2f6-411b-827f-7c5945919076
    |-sdc3              a2f12bfa-8f33-437d-855b-48f895b51fce 5805-E4A0
    `-sdc4              6bc67035-ff67-4965-92d7-adc56c4910e9 9f292e4e-9582-450f-a9c6-f07cfa7e3b1f
    sdd                                                      
    |-sdd1              a335de55-ce88-4cc3-90ed-2ee84daa04fd BFCD-815C
    |-sdd2              c8068219-fb37-4553-a0f2-8a9c9fa666c2 3ba41e8e-0387-46e5-9d3d-7931f44e604c
    |-sdd3              8b471189-1646-40f5-b4ef-94be12dd8dca ea473298-3e83-49f9-a1a6-b1e8bd9541cd
    |-sdd4              e60ba893-2468-4860-b844-1ac2c4b57fbe d6832d54-1467-5d39-c3fa-64220b04592b
    | `-md0                                                  49A1jd-pEUU-rLYa-XfeD-Y7Ws-8FHk-miK2lv
    |   `-vg0-lv--0                                          fb81d8c7-1804-43cd-88c4-d6ef38419efb
    |-sdd5              3a6f2c09-fdd4-4bf3-89f5-2826f8305dbc d6832d54-1467-5d39-c3fa-64220b04592b
    | `-md0                                                  49A1jd-pEUU-rLYa-XfeD-Y7Ws-8FHk-miK2lv
    |   `-vg0-lv--0                                          fb81d8c7-1804-43cd-88c4-d6ef38419efb
    `-sdd6              afdf78af-55b5-490c-9741-1191a4c82f34 d6832d54-1467-5d39-c3fa-64220b04592b
      `-md0                                                  49A1jd-pEUU-rLYa-XfeD-Y7Ws-8FHk-miK2lv
        `-vg0-lv--0                                          fb81d8c7-1804-43cd-88c4-d6ef38419efb
    sr0                                                      
    vda                                                      
    |-vda1              02e2f394-168a-4f59-85dc-21f9e9e3a650 E615-315B
    `-vda2              9486f3ff-d547-4fe1-9c04-4ace8597fa17 0f0bfec7-d134-4a5a-bca9-f07e3c91badb
    ---------- Mount Details of '/etc/fstab':
    /dev/disk/by-uuid/0f0bfec7-d134-4a5a-bca9-f07e3c91badb / ext4 defaults 0 0
    /dev/disk/by-uuid/E615-315B /boot/efi vfat defaults 0 0
    /swap.img    none    swap    sw    0    0

---------- Video Details:
      *-display
           description: VGA compatible controller
           product: QXL paravirtual graphic card
           vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
           physical id: 1
           bus info: pci@0000:00:01.0
           version: 04
           width: 32 bits
           clock: 33MHz
           capabilities: vga_controller bus_master rom
           configuration: driver=qxl latency=0
           resources: irq:21 memory:c4000000-c7ffffff memory:c0000000-c3ffffff memory:c8c84000-c8c85fff ioport:1040(size=32) memory:c0000-dffff

---------- Other Details:
    The computer boot mode was: UEFI mode
    The current kernel version is: 5.11.0-27-generic
    The current release description is: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

The current logged in User is: ubuntu   tty1         Aug 20 22:50

The User\'s ID is: uid=1000(ubuntu) gid=1000(ubuntu) groups=1000(ubuntu),4(adm),24(cdrom),27(sudo),30(dip),46(plugdev),116(lxd),121(libvirt)

The current running DE is: 

*** End Of Report ***
    NOTE: That the TestVM is the current Support LiveCD system, with 4 test disks attached to it for testing... It boots as Console and has a minimal X on-demand desktop... Since it is on-demand and not permanent confgured in XDG, the $XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP never gets set... I think that is still okay, because a normal user will not be running Graphics Layer as on-demand. Or should I show $DESKTOP_SESSION? Except, that it doesn't seem to matter if running X on-demand... That variable doesn't populate on X on-demand either... LOL

If it you do think that is important, I can change that using
    Code:
    desktop_list="gnome|metacity|ubuntu|lxde|mate|kde|openbox" # <--- and keep adding desktop types

bash -c ( ps -e | grep tty | grep -i '$desktop_list' | awk '{print $4}' )
    # but then show the
    but I would need a complete list of desktops to populate the $desktop_list matches...
    Last edited by MAFoElffen; August 21st, 2021 at 11:40 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I would like to see some kind of warning to the user that the script may install software that's not already on the system. I got thrown slightly when it proceeded to install inxi - I wondered for several seconds if I'd managed to start the wrong script or something.

But overall, great stuff!
    BACKUPS are unsexy — until you discover you should have done one yesterday.
    Spare your nerves and do one before you upgrade or install.

Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast