Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 403 Forbidden

Beans

403 Forbidden

I getting occasional 403 Forbidden Errors when I try to post a quick reply or go from the quick reply top the Advanced editor.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: 403 Forbidden

rsteinmetz70112 -

+! here also.

Reported and Canonical's sajoupa is looking into the situation.

a work in progress
    THE current(cy) in Documentation:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages

Happy ubuntu'n !

Beans

Hi,

It will help me a lot if you could add details about the conditions triggering the 403: URL of the post you were trying to reply to, and the time you got the error.

Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I've been gettings these for weeks now.
    When I think a pattern is clear and test it, it works, so clearly my pattern wasn't the issue.
    I've had it fail in the last 24 hours from using code tags, then just with sentences. By moving some words around in the sentences, the post would go through. Not all code tags with commands fail.
    Sometimes 3-15 step posts fail. It is very frustrating. I was posting s p r u n g e.us links to text replies to get around the issue. Those should still be in the forums for multiple references for posts that didn't work. I like that pastebin option because it works with curl for posting. I suppose I could setup my own pastebin on a webserver I run to get passed the blocked URL from these forums.

Beans

It only started for me in the last week or so. I've had it fail from an empty Quick Reply window or from a Quick Reply moving to the Advanced Editor or trying to post a Quick Reply.
    No pattern I can see so far, except for me it seems to involve the Quick Reply.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

TheFu -- The word you are having difficulty with has an unwholesome "urban" connotation of a possibly distasteful sexual nature. At some point it was added to our list of disallowed words. Might be time to review that.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    TheFu -- The word you are having difficulty with has an unwholesome "urban" connotation of a possibly distasteful sexual nature. At some point it was added to our list of disallowed words. Might be time to review that.
    You've lost me. Sorry. It isn't any specific word that I can tell which gets blocked in my posts. Normal written text is being blocked without any code tags or URLs. Rather than a 403 error, perhaps a content disallowed error?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Heh.

Sorry, the one you had to put spaces into.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    Heh.

Sorry, the one you had to put spaces into.
    That one is extremely minor ... though I don't understand what being infatuated with someone else has to do with a failed spring (bed, springboard, shocks).

If you follow any of the links - use lynx if you like - there are probably 5 examples of posts that were getting 403 Forbidden errors and I was either unable to figure out a way to get around whatever THAT issue was or just gave up. I've walked away from about 10 posts due to the forbidden error and just decided not to bother.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

et all

sajoupa has fixed the 403 issue.

I can affirm that the post I had issues with now all complete

- good things do happen -
    THE current(cy) in Documentation:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages

Happy ubuntu'n !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast