Thread: Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 on windows 10

Beans

Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 on windows 10

Hi there, I am trying to get virtualBox working. In Ubuntu terminal, I can easily write a command, but my keyboard loses connection when i press enter.
    I have tried severel setting about keyboard and diff. language without any result

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 on windows 10

Does this only happen when you are in VirtualBox or at any time? Do you have a second keyboard to test?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 on windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by janduus View Post
    I can easily write a command, but my keyboard loses connection when i press enter.
    What commands are you typing exactly and how do you know that you "lose connection"???

Could it be that you are typing a command involving "sudo" and not understanding the fact that you are supposed to type in the password blindly? I'm not mocking you, I just state the fact that many newcomers get caught and confused by this. They type in commands such as "sudo" that involve typing in their password and they expect this to be like in the movies or TV shows where you'd get a "*" for every letter they type in.... but this is not how this works. There will be no feedback so nobody watching can guess the password length.

Could it be this?