Thread: samsung g7 mobile to ubuntu 21.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

samsung g7 mobile to ubuntu 21.04

im trying to connect my mobile samsung galaxy 7 to my ubuntu laptop. ive searched google and some reccomend android file transfer. ive installed android ft but it doesnt open and no sign of my phone?

any ideas appreciated

john

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: samsung g7 mobile to ubuntu 21.04

What kind of data will you be transferring? is it jpeg, jpg, pdf, documents, .doxc .odt?

There are a lot of alternatives that you can use for transferring your data from phone to your
    Ubuntu Laptop.

1st. If your phone has a micro sd card which is very common now you can use some Micro SD USB Card Reader. Its Plug n Play.
    2nd. If your Laptop has a Bluetooth and its working properly you can use this wireless transfer via Bluetooth from your phone to your Ubuntu Laptop
    and you can use Blue Manager for more easy way to transfer your data from phone to your Ubuntu Laptop.
    3rd. via Internet, you can transfer your data from your phone by uploading it from your phone to Internet/Cloud then download it to your Ubuntu laptop from Internet/Cloud.
    The Upload and Download scenario scheme.

Actually their are a lot of them but that's the best and easy way I can suggest and its basic.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by mIk3_08; July 30th, 2021 at 05:21 AM.
    corn ubuntuforums community.
    Open Source platform where the real world of human is here. Click here for Solve thread
    Rock n' Roll People.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

You can consider this extension with Ubuntu https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/1319/gsconnect/

Alternatively, can you not just use a USB cable and allow file transfer permissions on the phone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

thanks guys, sorted now with bluetooth